See Me Chapter Four

Madison Carleil has hated me ever since the second grade when she made fun of me, and Liam defended me. Yes, even at age six Liam was chivalrous and sweet.

What did Madison do to make me hate her? How did she ruin my life, you ask? This is how.

Aside from being an overall bitch and scamming on me for being best friends with Liam, she did something unthinkable to purposely make me the laughing stock of the whole school. And, well, she succeeded.

When I was a Sophomore, I had the biggest crush on Daniel Sanders. When I say "biggest crush" I don't mean anything even remotely as strong as what I feel for Liam. But come on, Daniel was the school hottie at the time - until Liam outdid him, and what girl could say no when Mr.Blond eyes blue hair himself was asking you on a date?

We dated for almost two months and nearing the end of those two months, I gave my virginity to Daniel Sanders. And I hate myself for it.

The next weekend at a party at Madison's house, that's when Madison ruined my life.

She and Daniel had been in this together all along. She'd paid him to date me, and to sleep with me. To take from me the one thing I could never get back.

It was the great reveal, a slide show of photos of me - love struck - with Daniel and photos of Daniel - making out with other girls. They talked about me, taunted me, for weeks. Calling me easy, loser, slut. Whatever fit.

Liam never knew about any of this. The popular kids kept him sheltered from it because they knew if he found out he would be ready to kill.

I was never the same after what they did to me. I never looked at myself the same, like I was good enough. I hate Madison Carleil.

And now she and Liam are together. Or are they?

"Hey," I say casually when Liam returns to the table, "Do you wanna hang out tomorrow night? Go catch a movie or something?"

He shrugs, picking up his phone. "I don't see why not- oh wait," he says when he sees the texts, "I don't think I can make it. Sorry CC."

My heart stops. "Oh, why not?" I'm snooping I know, but Madsion? It's killing me.

"I've got this dumb fundraiser my Mom's dragging me to," he sighs, and my heart clenches. Now he's resorted to lying to me?

"Do you want me to come?" I ask hopefully, even though I know I'm totally pushing this too far. If Liam wants to hook up with Madison, then it's none of my business.

Except that I wish it was.

"Nah, you'd be bored there CC. Maybe we could hang out Saturday?"

"Yeah," I say, defeated. "Sounds good."

"'Sup?" he asks with a frown, because he can tell something is up.

"I'm fine," I say sweetly, covering up my insecurities. Liam gets up and sits right next to me. He slides his arms around my waist and nuzzles into my neck. I wrap my arms around his shoulders, holding him there as I try to keep the tears in.

We don't say anything after that. We just hold each other, both of us slipping into our own separate oblivion. Because maybe this peace is what I need - this peace of being here with Liam no matter what the situation. He makes me better.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Hey guys, I hope you like this chapter! I don't even know if anyone's reading this, but I hope you are! And if you're reading and you like it, then please make sure to COMMENT!! Criticism, praise, ideas whatever! Comment and follow! Thanks!