See Me Chapter Fourteen

"Liam!" I shriek when his arms come around my waist unexpectedly as I am walking to my locker after school.

"Hey Beautiful," he says, pressing a kiss just below my ear, "you ready for our fun afternoon together?"

"Not the whole afternoon right? I do have homework and stuff to do." He rolls his eyes at me, leaning by my locker.

"Don't worry, CC, you'll still have time to be the honor student that you are." I nudge him in the ribs with my elbow.

"Shut it, Jesop, or I'm not going anywhere with you this after noon." He laughs, kissing my cheek and slipping his fingers between mine as we head out to his car.

"So, where are we going?" I ask casually, swinging our hands back and for between us.

"Someplace secret." I groan.

"Why is everyone keeping secrets from

me today??"

Liam frowns at me and then nods. "You mean Laya right? Jack has been weird all day."

"Weird how?"

"Zoning out when I'm talking to him, looking kinda shady. He keeps looking around him like someone's gonna attack him." I laugh.

"Well, maybe he's involved in a super secret drug scandal." Liam snorts.

"Are you kidding? The guy can't even keep my Christmas gift a secret." We slide into his car and I sigh as he leans over kissing my neck.

"Was this the surprise?" I ask, his mouth on my jaw. "Seducing me in your car?" He laughs, then nips me lightly.

"As much as I want to say yes, no, that wasn't the surprise." He kisses my mouth, gently once, and then deeper the second time. "Not unless you want it to be." I smirk and then consider giving in when I feel his fingers rubbing the back of my knee. I groan.

"I think," I gasp, my consciousness wavering as he slides his hand up my shirt, "that we should go with the original plan. As...mmm..." he bites my ear, "tempting as this is... I'm sure you had something great planned."

He pulls back, laughing, and starts the ignition.

We drive for almost half an hour and when we we stop we are in an open field.

"Uhh... any chance we got lost?" I ask and he smiles at me - that heart stopping smile.

"No chance, Sweet Pea. Come on." We walk to the edge of the field and then deeper into the forest. I notice Liam has his backpack slung over his shoulder and I wonder if I should have brought my stuff.

We walk a little further into the trees and suddenly there is a wide clearing, and a pond centered in the middle of it. I gasp.

"How in the hell did you find this place?" I ask, glancing around at the blue sky and the clear water. It was beautiful.

He shrugs.

"Your Dad brought me here once." I stare at him.

"Really?" He nods and then glances away.

"Why?" His face flushes bright red.

"He warned me not to break your heart." What? When the hell was this?!

As if hearing my thoughts, he says, "It was when he visited for your fifteenth birthday. He said he knew I had liked you for a long time, and that I had his blessing as long as I didn't break your heart." I let Liam pull me into his arms, my fingers sliding into his hair.

"Was it weird?"

"I thought he brought me out here to murder me, so yeah. Pretty weird." I laugh, kissing him lightly.

"It was worth it though," he says, and I wonder what I have done to deserve this boy.

I kiss him again, harder, and he groans into my mouth. I gasp as he lifts me up against him, my legs wrapping around his lean hips.

"This isn't what I brought you here for," he murmurs, as I kiss down his neck.

"Mmm, but we can do it anyway right?" I say, my voice husky with want. He chuckles and gently sits us both on the ground so I'm straddling his lap. He pushes my hair out of my face and smiles at me.

"I can't believe you're finally mine," he whispers, and kisses me, soft and slow and sweet. The sexual tension around us dissipates and my mind is consumed wit thoughts of loving Liam.

I wrap my arms around his neck, leaning into the kiss, putting my faith in Liam and praying that he can keep me steady. That he can love me the way I do him, eventually.

Gently, he pushes me off him, and unzips his bag. He pulls out strawberries, whipped cream, chocolates, and champagne. I eye it warily.

"It's sparkling cider, Sweet Pea, I know you don't drink." I smile at this, thinking that Liam probably knows me better than I know myself.

He pours the cider into clear plastic cups, and then takes a sip, never taking his eyes off me. I watch the muscles in his throat working as he swallows, and quickly try to distract myself with the strawberries.

I eat one, my face hot as I try not to stare. One thought is clear though. I want Liam and I'm not sure how much longer I can wait.