See Me Chapter Five

"I can't believe her."

"I know. Who the hell does she think she is?"

"Ugh, I hate girls like that."

Laya is obsessing over the fact that Madison and Jessica are groping at and flaunting their cleavage at Jack Terrace - Laya's long time crush. Well, it's more than a crush.

Laya and Jack are in a mega flirtation-ship. Seriously. Laya gets her heart broken on a daily basis because Jack flirts with her, but never wants to be anything more.

You're probably wondering why popular guys like Liam and Jack would want to hang out with girls like us, and if you aren't, well then you clearly aren't as shallow as some of the people in this school.

I don't have a good answer for you. Some guys don't care about popularity. Guys like Liam and Jack. They'll be friends with you if they like your personality. Isn't that the way the world should be?

"What's up ladies?" Liam asks, slinging his arm around my shoulder. I tense up because the whole day I've been imagining scenarios of him and Madison.

"Uhh, nothing." I discreetly slip out from under his arm, but, as expected, Liam notices.

"CC? What's wrong?"

"Nothing! I just, umm, bruised my shoulder the other day. It's sore." Wow. What a brilliant lie. Or so I thought until I feel Liam's fingers sliding under the collar of my shirt to gently rub over my shoulder. Hot damn.

"Here?" he whispers, rubbing circles. I nod wordlessly, grateful that Laya is too focused on Jack. His fingers move slowly, around and around until I'm close to a moan. I wish he didn't do this to me. I wish I was stronger.

"Feel good?" he asks, and I can hear the smirk in his voice. All I can do Is nod again. As if things couldn't get any worse, I soon feel the heat of his breath directly on my skin. Then, his mouth is on my shoulder, kissing it gently. God, he's good at this game.

Slowly, his kisses edge their way along the curve of my neck until his lips are resting beneath my ear. I shiver with the need to have his mouth on mine.

"Liam, what are you doing?" I mutter, my eyes fluttering shut, not bothered by the fact that we are in the senior parking lot and anyone could see us.

"I have no idea CC. All I know is that I want this. I want you," he says breathlessly, his other hand holding my hips in place against his.

"Do you think this will ruin everything?" he asks, spinning me around in his arms to face him. I shrug, staring at a spot in the distance. Confrontations are never good.

I feel his finger slip under my chin and tilt my face until I'm looking him in the eye. "Don't hide from me." I am about to respond when Laya cries out, "That bitch!"

She looks over at Liam and I and a look that I can't explain passes over her face before she looks undignified once again. "She just flipped me off!"

Liam snorts. I give him a look. "Jack would never hook up with any of those bimbos. He likes a girl who can match him sarcasm for sarcasm," Liam clarifies and I see Laya relax a bit. Not much, but visibly. At least, that is, until Jack and the two bimbos start coming towards us.

Liam releases me, not entirely, but enough to look less suspicious. He keeps an arm around my waist and holds me by his side.

"Hey Liam!" Madison bounces up to us, he curls jiggling the same way I'm sure her tiny brain does in that enormous skull. I wait for Liam's reaction, knowing that I'll be devastated no matter what.

Is he still going to hook up with her despite what just happened between us. Liam wants me. He wants me! My heart leaps and trips in my chest as I consider what this means for us. I try and think clearly but my mind is filled with images of Liam's mouth on mine.

Liam gives the banshee a small smile, to which she replies by thrusting out her bosom. Typical.

"Are we still on for tonight Liam?" I am shocked to here this, although Liam doesn't seem ashamed. Maybe I imagined everything he just said to me.

"Sure. My Mom will pick you up at seven." Madison looks crest fallen.

"Your Mom?"

"Well, yeah. She's running the fundraiser so she said she could pick you up."

"Won't you be driving?"

"Nah, I'll get there on my own once I'm done at Sierra's place. My Mom said she can pick you up."

Now, I understand, and I am thrilled! Liam isn't hooking up with Madison! He really does want me.

And since when is he coming to my house this afternoon?

"You will be there though, right?" She asks with a slight giggle.

"Yeah, I have to. My Mom is making me."

"Are your parents friends?" I interject and I see Madison scowl, as if only now realizing I am here.

"Yeah, our mothers were friends in high school."

Suddenly, out of the corner of my eye I spot Jack slinging his arm around Laya and Jessica looking ready to kill. I nudge Liam and point his attention over there.

Jack whispers something in Laya's ear and she says something probably equally clever in response. Jessica puffs her chest out a little more.

"You're impossible!" Laya screeches and Jack smirks at her.

"And you're beautiful. There, now we've both said things we like about the other!" Jack laughs and Laya shakes her head.

"I wish he would just admit he likes her and ask her out already," Liam mutters under his breath, which fans onto my neck.

"Does he?" I ask, startled.

"Does who what?" he asks looking down at me, confused.

"What you just said, does Jack like Laya?!"

Liam goes a little deer in the headlights, and that's when all hell breaks loose.

-----------------------------------------

What did you think?!!Comment and tell me! Hope you liked this chapter!