Chapter Seventeen

"Liam!" I shriek when he barges into the bedroom without knocking. I stand before him in flannel pajama shorts and a blue tank top. His eyes glaze over.

"Hi."

"Hi? What are you doing?"

He stares at me, and then cautiously approaches me. His hand finds my hip and he tugs me against him. He kisses my shoulder.

"Why are you wearing pajamas?" he asks, suddenly, mouth pressed against my neck.

"Because I was about to read a little and then go to bed?" I ask back, and he tugs my earlobe with his teeth.

"At nine o'clock?"

"Yes?"

"I thought we could go somewhere. Matt is having a party tonight and-"

"You know I hate parties."

"Yeah, but you don't hate me, right? I want to go with you."

I sigh. "Parties aren't my thing."

"Yeah, but you're my thing, and I want to have you with me wherever I go."

I roll my eyes. "Flattery is a good color on you." He laughs.

"Get dressed, it'll be fun, I promise." He kisses me and then leaves me to change. I groan and fall back onto the bed.

I didn't even pack a party dress! Well, I had one, but I didn't know if it was acceptable for a high school party. I crawl to my suitcase and dig through for the dress. It was aqua, and came to about mid thigh. It was body hugging, and had thick straps.

I squeeze into it and put on some lip gloss, brushing my hair out.

I walk down the stairs and find Liam in the kitchen.

"Hey, is this-"

"No. Absolutely not."

"What? I thought it was okay..."

"CC if you wear that to this party every guy in the room will want to have you by the end of the night."

"Oh." I had never really had this problem before.

"You're gorgeous," he says, drawing me into his arms. "And I'm not the only guy who notices it, sweetheart."

"I... have no idea what you're talking about, but will you pick something out for me to wear?"

He nods and when he goes upstairs he pulls out my sweatpants and a sweatshirt.

"You're kidding."

"Well, no, I mean, this is what will draw the least attention..."

"Liam, I'm a nerd, not a nun." I slide into some jeans and pull the dress over my head. He ogles my black bra. In the way that I am fascinated by him shirtless, or at the sight of his boxers, he seems completely enamored by my utilitarian bra.

"Maybe we could just stay in..." he trails off, stepping closer, and I laugh, backing up.

"No, this was your idea! No backing out just cause you're kinda horny!"

He laughed. "I'm not 'horny' CC, Jesus! What am I? Some pubescent fourteen year old? I'm eighteen for God sakes!"

"Oh, so you're... what? Aroused?" He smirks. "Same shit!"

I yank on a ruffled top and glance at him for approval. He shrugs.

"You'll be with me all night. That's fine."