See Me Chapter Seven

"What did Madison say to you?" Laya asks, and I frown.

"When?"

"You know, when you two looked ready to claw each others eyes out."

"Oh. Just some name calling," I mutter.

Laya sighs. "Some girls are just such bitches!" she cries out, and Liam snorts. I give him a questioning look.

"Girls are so over dramatic. When two guys like the same girl, we don't pull hair about it. We just wait until the girl picks one of us, and then the other sulks off to find a new chick," he says.

"Yeah, but where's the fun in that?" I ask, and Laya giggles.

"I know right?" she adds, "What fun is it if you can't spread rumors and false allegations about your enemy?"

"What rumors have you been spreading lately?" Liam asks, cocking his eyebrow at me. I chuckle.

"I told Jenna Hamilton that you wet the bed until you were eleven," I laugh, and his eyes go wide.

"Please tell me you're joking, Sierra." I burst out laughing.

"Of course I'm joking you dweeb! When have you ever seen me talking to Jenna Hamilton?" He lets out a sigh of relief and then cuts a look at me.

"Don't freak me out like that, God."

"Did you actually?" Laya says, interrupting our conversation. We look in the rear view mirror and see that she is doubled over in laughter.

"Did I actually what?" Liam says.

"Did you actually wet the bed until you were eleven?!" she shrieks, laughing hard, and Liam glares at me.

"See what you've done now!?"

We continue the rest of the drive in a companionable silence, and I watch out the window as the trees flash past us. All I can think about though, is the possibility of Liam loving me in the way I love him. Each time I've built my hopes up in the past, they've always been torn down when Liam gets a new girlfriend, or tells me about his latest conquest.

So now? Now I keep trying to tell myself that maybe Liam loves me, but my mind keeps going back to its cushioned self. The part of me that is constantly trying to cushion the rejection that I feel is inevitable.

Once we drop Laya off, Liam drives me home.

"Can I come inside?" he asks shyly. I smirk at him.

"That was the plan wasn't it?" He grins in response and beats me to the door.

"Is your Mom home?" he asks as we step inside. I shake my head and before I can even close the door behind us Liams hands are on my wrists. He backs me up against the door, pushing it shut, and pins my arms above my head.

"Liam," I croak, "What are you doing?"

"Something I've wanted to do for a long time."

---------------------------------------------

Hey guys! I'll only update if I get one comment! I know I said that last chapter but that wasn't really a cliff hanger so..!