See Me Chapter Thirteen

A/N

Sorry guys, I know i haven't updated in a long time. So here you go! I know it sucks, essentially. Its just a filler. I've had a serious case of writters block, not to mention how happy I was over finishing my other story - My Unpredictable Life. So this one should be finished next, and The  Fall after that if everything goes according to plan!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've been dreading lunch all day.

When I walk into the cafeteria, Liam waves me over to his table and i hesitate. I don't truly think his friends will accept me there. And I'm right. When I go over there, all they do is glare at me, and then laugh as if this is some joke.

"She's not sitting here, right Liam?" Madison sneers, gripping Liam's bicep. He frowns at her and shakes her off his arm. He stands and kisses me softly on the lips, his palm cupping my cheek. Madison scowls.

I can see Daniel at the end off the table laughing like he is in on some hilarious joke. But he isn't. Because I was in on that joke too, and it hurt like fuck.

"We don't have to sit here," Liam whispers, surprising me. I always assumed Liam was oblivious to the way his friends treated me, and to the things they thought about me.

"I don't want to take you away from your friends," I tell him. He shakes his head and grabs his lunch.

"They're not my friends if they aren't as crazy about you as I am." He is impossibly sweet. He kisses me again gently and then nudges me towards my table where Laya is sitting, arguing with Jack.

I know everyone is watching us, calling me names, the bitch who stole Liam from his group. But I couldn't care less.

We sit across from Laya and Jack, who are now ignoring each other.

"Hey," Laya says to me, "why are you sitting over here?"

"Because they would never let me sit at their table, you know that." She sighs, looking over at Liam.

"You break her heart, Jesop, and I will kick you so hard you wont be able to make babies anymore." He flinched and I blushed. Jack kept glancing over at Madison and the other populars.

"Thank you," I whisper, turning to Liam. "What you did was sweet." He kisses my cheek, lacing our fingers together, and pulls me impossibly closer to him. He touches his lips to my jaw.

"Ahem," Jack coughs, before we can go any further. "Please keep in mind that I am here."

"What were you guys arguing about?"

"Nothing," they both say at the same time. I eye them warily. LATER Laya mouths to me, and I nod.

"What are you guys doing after school?" Jack asks, and I'm about to respond Nothing, but Liam interjects.

"We have plans," he states, and I look at him, confused.

"We do?"

"Yes."

"Oh." He winks at me. I blush.

"You two are so cute," Laya sighs, and Jack rolls his eyes. I stare at him but he avoids my eyes.

What's going on with those two? I glance over at Liam, and he looks suspicious as well. Hmm...

Later in eighth period Laya sits beside me and rummages through her backpack for a pen.

"So," I say casually, "Are you gonna tell me whats going on with you and Jack?" She meets my eyes for a second and then darts them away.

"There's nothing going on. There isn't now and there never will be." She turns back to the front of the classroom and the bell rings. Hearing Laya talk like that is a bit jarring. She was always one to believe in happy endings.

"Laya, what happened?" I ask sternly as our teacher scolds Jason for coming in late to class.

"Nothing happened."

"Why were you guys arguing?"

"We always argue," she says simply, and I roll my eyes.

"Fine. Don't tell me." She shrugs and I sigh, wondering whats going on between them, wondering whether it's good or bad.

"So what do you and Liam have planned this afternoon?" she asks, winking at me, and I shake my head.

"I have no idea. He hasn't told me yet." Her eyes twinkle as she looks at me suggestively.

"Quit it!"

Despite everything, was I wrong to feel a little nervous?