Chapter 19

"You did what?!" A shocked Daniel asks.

Smirking isn't all that he could do with his face, after all.

"I wrote my number and address in the bill. Hearing problems, Daniel?" I quip.

"You have NO idea what will be the consequences of this! What if they see us meeting here? What if they find out how you're related to Steph? God forbid, you jerk, what if they find our real motive and kill us?"

"Girly drama," Leril coughs.

"Excuse me, Miss I-dont-care-where-you-work ?" Daniel raises his voice.

"Shut it, jerk!" I come in defense.

"Oh, it's perfect. You two lovers are so perfect for each other!"

"Don't you EVER talk like that, asshat, or I swear I'll break your bones. Each one of them," I say, my temper getting the best of me.

"It's true! I'm not blind, you know! I'm 100% sure that you two have got in on at least once by now."

"Shut it!" Leril and I cry at the same time.

Tri takes a step back.

"Oh my God, is that what you were doing at that bitch's place, Bhai?" she looks at me accusingly.

"No, Tri, how can you accuse me of that? Under the false statements of this jerk! And mind your words!" I say, completely taken aback that Trisha would rather believe Daniel than me.

"I'm telling you, Trisha, this has happened. I can sense the palpable tension between these two. Ask Ms. Interpol if you want," Daniel says and I quickly double up and grab him by his collar.

"Get OUT!"

"Stop it all of you!" Leril says in a shaky voice.

We all look at her.

She's shaking a little and drops of tears fall from her eyes.

"I can't take this anymore! I'm just in an emotional place right now and you all fighting and degrading me right in front of me is not helping! So, I'm gonna give you all answers and I'm gonna leave.

"First of all, I have no intentions of dating Phillip. NO INTENTIONS. So, Daniel, just back off and think of some other ways to annoy Phillip. And, Trisha, nothing happened in my house, alright? He had drunk a lot when I found him in a bar near my house, he passed out and so I brought him to my house and let him sleep there. That's all. I'm leaving now."

She swiftly walks away and soon she's out of my house.

"You need to leave, Daniel," I say and look him straight in the eye. This jerk went beyond the line today and it is literally too hard to control my arm from punching him.

"Whatever," he mutters and leaves.

I let out a deep sigh and look at Tri.

"Bhai, there's something I need to tell you."

"Go ahead, Tri," I say, confused as to what would be so important that Tri's face would look so serious.

"I have feelings for Daniel."

Wait, what?

This jerk?

This arrogant jerk?

"Tri!" I cry and let out an exasperated sigh, "He's an arrogant rude jerk, Tri! That's what he is! You can't be with an a - hole like him!"

"You don't know him like I do, Bhai. When we were in college, he stopped by my dorm regularly when Steph was not there and used to talk a lot with me. He opened up to me like never before telling everything that happened in his life right from him being kidnapped to him falling for a girl who was already taken. No one has ever spent so much time with me telling me who they were. But that's not it. He also wanted to listen to me. He also wanted to know who I was. And he was a very keen listener to whatever I had to say. We had had 60 evenings together during my freshman year. And then he took his year off during sophomore year and then we didn't get the chance to reconnect. But now that he's back, it's all rekindling."