Chapter 40

It is a known scientific fact that some animals can detect natural calamities. They can sense the bad vibrations and other abnormal symptoms that us humans don't heed to. I am sure that any animal near me could sense a calamity happening inside my gut right now. Hell, even the wildlife in Africa could probably sense the anxious vibes I am transmitting to the world.

Trisha dropped me off a few minutes ago in the location written on the invite card JP gave me. The card wasn't too spectacular or dazzling. It was the size of a credit card with the word 'Bloodline Organisation Annual NY Meet' written on one side. On the other side, there was the address to the location and a specification of 'Code: P1.1.' I didn't know what that meant, but I didn't care much.

The location was apparently the penthouse of a skyscraper called SkyLines New York. The skyscraper was usually utilized for confidential business meets of multinational companies. So it was a smart move on their side to get this place for the party. This building is never ever raided with police and any legal eyes that ever drop their focus here soon avert them due to the pressure the companies shove on them. Now, such a building is the place best suited to open a new drug line to the top customers of drug consumption in all of New York without anybody sniffing about on it (pun intended). 

As soon as I entered inside the building's ground floor, a man adorned in a black tux was at my side, querying me with basic questions.

"Good evening, sir. What brings you to Skylines this evening?"

"I am here for the Bloodlines annual meet."

"That's wonderful," he said, and I wanted to roll my eyes at his fake pleasantry. "How are you acquainted with the organisation?"

JP had warned me about this. He had told that they would want proof that I was a customer or a benefactor. So, I brought the check book with me from which I wrote checks to JP every time I bought stuff from him. I took out the check book and showed him the corresponding details.

"I give charity to them on a regular basis," I justified.

He marked all the proof I showed him and curtly nodded.

"All good, sir. May I see your invite card?" 

I showed him my invite card and he touched the title to see if it was really engraved or if it was a fake card. Smart move. Then he flipped it and noted the code. Giving the card back to me, he activated his Bluetooth headset and ordered something I couldn't decipher. He then turned to me with a fake smile that I want to punch off from his face.

"You need to walk straight and take the first right turn. Your private elevator is waiting there. Second floor is for a basic frisking and it is mandatory to stop at that floor. Have a good time, sir," he said, softly pushing my back towards the direction he wanted me to go.

I returned the fake smile and plodded fast to the private elevator. It was a little appalling that every customer gets a private elevator and this alone marks the arrogance and superiority that bastard who I wanted to kill possessed. The elevator stopped on the second floor and I was briefly frisked. I didn't have any metal objects on me and I left the gun Leril got for me with Trisha in case she might need to defend herself. Daniel clearly said that I shouldn't draw attention and possessing a gun would definitely give me attention. My phone was collected in the same floor and I saw them place it in a separate locker on the same floor before they placed the key in a key stand under the label P1.1. Another man came to me after this and with the same fake pleasantry said that I needed to go to the fourth floor for one more checking before reaching the penthouse.

I grunted and went back to my private elevator. As soon as I entered the fourth floor, my jaw dropped and my gut started twisting in anxiety. There were about twenty booths on this floor; but not normal frisking booths. Blood test booths.