Chapter 34

"KDRJ Ltd.," I tell Daniel.

"I'll try to get as much as information on them as possible. But if, like your father says, they're shut down, then digging up wouldn't matter much," he says through the phone.

"I think it just might matter. The company name has a KD in it, Daniel." God, how dumb can he be?

"It may not necessarily mean that it was owned by Killer Denny, Phillip. These kind of people are never too dumb," he explains.

"I don't care. Just find something on them! Find how they got shut down or who owns them... Something; anything!"

"Fine," he says before cutting the call.

I've been sitting here for two hours. After running out of the hospital, I just ran like a mad man, till I reached this place. My mother's graveyard.

I haven't frequently visited this place. She's constantly in my mind, and I don't believe that she's somewhere near her grave, so I rarely visit this place. Today, my legs just took me to this place. I didn't think. I just ran. And I came here.

My heavy heart says that there is so much to tell her, but my mouth is sealed shut. I've been trying to tell her everything that happened after Stephanie's... Death. But I just cannot. I open my mouth, and close it. I touch the words engraved in her grave: 'A human being you missed the joy of meeting'. It was a quote dad wanted to engrave as no other words could do enough justice to who she was.

I try to form coherent words to convert what my heart wants to. But seeing those words just formed tears in the corner of my eyes. I didn't get to meet her too. Yes, she was with me till I was six. But it's not enough time, is it? It is definitely not enough time to realize what an amazing woman she was and how important in my life she would've been. I love my mother. But I don't know her. At all.

I didn't know she had a disease. I didn't know she wanted a second child. I didn't know anything. Just, nothing. I know nothing.

The only thing I know right now, from what dad told me, is that she wanted to bring down the company that sold hazardous drugs. And that is what I will do for her. But in a different way... The company is closed alright. But the owner is not dead, is he?

Well, he will be once I find him. It's the only thing I can do for my mother. And I swear on her, I will do it. I will avenge her.

***
"Tamara... Please, just talk to me," I plead her for the hundredth time.

She walks past me like I'm not even there to get her bags from the guest room. I go behind her and place my hands on her bag so that I could carry it to the car.

She slaps my hand away and carries it on her own.

"Tammy..." I sigh.

"Don't call me that!" She grits her teeth as she walks towards the car.

"Okay, I won't. But please talk to me..." I pout.

"You think a pout can make me talk to you?" She snorts. Wow, her tone tells me that she's really very angry.

"Why are you so angry, Tamara? Dad and I want you to be safe. That's why we're asking you to go back. You have no idea how much we want you to stay. It's the circumstances, Tammy," I say, but I correct myself at her glare as, "Tamara."

She groans. "Really? You really would've had me if it were not for the circumstances?"

I nod my head earnestly. "I swear, Tamara. I would've loved it if you stayed with me forever! Tamara, I lost about seventeen years of being in your life. I want to make it up by staying by your side as your brother my entire life. And trust me, me sending you back to your home is me being a big brother, because I can't bear to see you hurt in any way. I promise we'll meet as soon as this mess is sorted out."