Chapter 9

~2 years ago~

"Babe, I'm home!" I said and locked the door behind me and put away my bag.

"Baby?"

I smiled when I heard her sweet voice. "Coming!" I replied as I removed my shoes and walked to the bedroom.

There she was... Still in her work clothes and with her bag on the bed. She was sitting on the bed with piles of paper around her in all sides. She had a pencil stuck to her ear and a pen attached to the v of her shirt as she looked into two sheets in each hand.

"Ooh... Busy, are we?" I said. She looks up at me and pouts. "What can I do? Mr. Calhoun doesn't seem to understand that weekend implies holiday! He gave me such a huge load of work knowing that today is Friday!!"

I chuckled and she pouted. "Really, Phil? You think it's funny?"

I let out a laugh at that. She tried to give a glare but she ended up laughing with me.

"What would Juliet like to have as the last romantic meal for the day?" I asked.

"Oh, my dear Romeo, what else would this earnest little thing want other than her better half, her soul mate, serve her dinner, may it be a fully burnt piece of bread or tasteless porridge? Tis' love this poor little soul needs, M'lord; Tis' her soul mate's deep, deep love!"

We both looked into each other's eyes for a long moment and then laughed.

"I wonder what Shakespeare would tell if he hears our cheesy lines inspired by his drama!" She said.

"He'd probably die of heartache if he hears this," I said and she laughs again. I leaned in to peck her lips and she hugged me closer as much as possible without me tumbling on top of her and deepened the kiss.

When we pull apart, we're both breathless. "I love you, babe" I said and she reciprocated, "I love you much more..." We smiled at each other and I get into the bathroom for a shower.

When I finished changing into my regular clothes, she was still working. And there were more papers on the bed than before.

I shook my head and went into the kitchen, contemplating as to what to cook that night.

After 75 minutes, when I'm done cooking clear soup, pasta and strawberries in chocolate sauce, which are her favorites, she was still working.

I shook my head again and set up our table, which was her only duty of the day at home. But I cut her some slack because work was tiring for her.

I set up the table the way she absolutely loves: two chairs opposite to each other along the width of the table, scented red color candles in the center, two of her most favorite white and pink China dish plates, all cutlery placed exactly in the right order and a tall wine glass filled with red wine, which is the star point of the table. She loves red wine like she loves me.

When all of it is done in perfection, I went to check her. She's still working! I shook my head. But this time, I didn't leave.

I entered the bedroom, stood by the side of the bed and picked her up. She squealed.

"Baby, what are you doing?!"

"You can't have you nose up your work for more than two hours at home! Especially when your boyfriend is in Mode Romantic!"

She squealed again.

"Put me down! I swear I have just a half hour of work! Then you can do whatever you want with me for the next two days! I'm yours for the weekend!"