9

"What are we talking about?" Megan asked.

"Go ahead Dan." Allie said.

"Megan, you know how you were talking about not having a daddy?" I asked her and she looked at me with confusion as I just watched her face.

"And you know how our eyes are the same color?" I asked her "and I have dimples too, see?" I gave her a smile making her smile back in the same way showing her dimples. "Well my hair is also curly, I straighten it everyday. Do you know know why all that is?" I asked and she shook her head in confusion.
"You look like me because I am your daddy." I told her and her face went blank a moment as she looked up at her mum with her mouth open, she seemed stunned.

"Dan's your real dad." Allie confirmed. She turned her astonished face back to me and it began to scrunch up and she instantly began to cry.

"No please don't cry sweetie." I said but she was already off the couch and throwing her tiny arms around my neck. I hugged her tightly into my chest as she bawled and kissed the side of her head.

"Are you alright?" I asked her quietly.

"Yes." She said through her cries.

"I'm so sorry I'm just now getting to meet you." I told her. She released me and looked back up at her mother with a red, sticky face.

"Is Dan really my daddy?" She asked her.

"Yes." Her mother confirmed again and she started crying hard again and came back to me making her mother and I both give a small laugh.

"Why are you crying?" I asked her.

"Happy." Was all she said making my eyes start watering as well. I caught a glimpse of Phil holding a camera in the doorway filming. I held on to her for so long and just cherished the moment.

When Megan pulled away from me she was hiccuping from crying so hard.

"Guess what?" I asked her. "The lady you met the other day, my mum, is your nana." I said.

"She had brown eyes too didn't she?" She asked as I saw all the clues click into place in her brain.

She said goodbye to her mother and and after I let her out I heard Megan but not from anywhere close.

I had just closed the door behind her mother when I realized Megan was missing again. At least this time I knew where she would be. I went right to Phil's room to see that Phil was on his laptop and Megan was bouncing on his bed beside him.

"Dan talked about you." She told him "he said I'd like you."

"Did he?" Phil asked her.

"Yeah, he-"

"Megan, Stop jumping on his bed. I think we should leave Phil alone right now." I told her.

"She's alright." He told me.

"See?" She said. "I'm alright."

"Well then who am I going to bake cupcakes with for after dinner?" I asked her making her eyes go wide before she scurried off his bed and to my side.

"What kind?" She asked as we walked to the kitchen.

"Do you like chocolate?" I asked.

"That's my favorite!" She squealed. "Can the icing be pink?!" She asked.

"It can be whatever color you want." I said remembering we had food coloring.