Chapter 9: Fear..

Miranda'a POV

It was now lunch time. I wasn't in the mood to eat anything at all. I still didn't get why Nathan had to come back after 2 years. As I was  deep in thought Ryan came ans sat next to me. "Hey, so what was that about this morning? Whose this Nathan guy?" I sighed deeply. I had to tell him eventually. "Nathan was my boyfriend when i was 12. We dated for 6 months but I realized that he was cheating on me the whole time with the girl I hated. He tried so hard to get me back but I rejected many times." He just looked at me. "The thing is that this happened 4 years ago..he moved then..but now he's back..does that sound weird or suspicious to you?" I questioned. "I don't really know but don't get too worked up about this okay?" I took a deep breath and nodded. He's right maybe I shouldn't get worked up about this I mean what can go wrong? The bell rang and Ryan and I exchanged hugs and he kissed my cheek gently. "See you after school?" He asked softly. I smiled gently "Absolutely." He smiles back and walks off. I bent down to grab my bag then someone approached me. "Is that your boyfriend?  Are sure he's the one for you?" Nathan said with a grin. "No he's not my boyfriend and why do you care?" I asked. "I have my reasons sweetheart." He starts to get close to me. I start back away. "Get away from me" He just keeps walking towards me and then a wall stops me at my place. He gently moves my hair from my face and I looked away starting to shake a bit. He grabs my chin gently making me look at him. "Your shaking, is someone scared of me? My sweet Miranda I'd watch your back if I were you..because I don't like what I see.." Then he walks away. I watched him as he was walking away. What does he mean...I just grabbed my bag and headed to class..

Nathan's POV

I start to smirk a bit. My sweet Miranda. No one takes you away from me..you will be mine again. Even if it means I have to take you by force..

Miranda's POV

School was finally over. I saw Ryan out front waiting for me. "Ready?" He asked me. I nodded and we walked home. We reach to my house. "Do you wanna come in?" I asked. "No, I have to get going but I'll call you later okay?" he said softly. I smiled and nodded "Okay." We hugged and he stroke my cheek gently. "Bye Miranda." I looked in his eyes "Bye Ryan" He kissed my lips gently sending chills down my spine. He pulled away and leaves. I suddenly feel someone watching me. I turned around to see if I saw anyone. No one? Hmm maybe I'm just paranoid. I entered inside then i suddenly got a text message it read. 

UNKNOWN: Consequences my sweet..Consequences..

I started to shake a bit. Who could it be? And how did they get my number? I just shrugged it off and went upstairs to my room. It was finally night fall and I drifted off to a deep sleep. It was in the middle of the night and I heard rustling noises. I went downstairs to check if anyone was in the house. I don't see anything. The next thing I knew a hand was over my mouth and I was trying to scream but I was injected on my neck with something. My vision was getting blurry. "Ryan.." I whispered, then everything went black.