six

"What are you doing tomorrow?", Harry asked as the sun began to beam through the window of the apartment.  The short phone call to prove Harry's identity turned into all night conversation about ourselves. I knew the both of us were tired but I could not bring myself to tell him I wanted to go to sleep. The conversation and understanding I had with Harry was the most amazing thing. The way he talked to me, wanted to know more about me, and let me feel anyway I wanted to feel was so foreign to me. 

Harry was so much more interesting and mature than any man I had talked to. He had so many feelings about different things. He was only twenty one but I felt like he knew so much more than me and had experienced so much. He wasn't that much older than Ben but I already felt so much more respected and cared for by Harry. He took every view or opinion of mine into consideration before deciding if he agreed or disagreed.

"You mean today?", I asked, " Its like six o clock."

"Fuck, yeah. I really didn't think it was that late. Where did the time go?"

"Who knows", I said and yawned into the phone," I'm going to IKEA to buy some things for my room."

"Can I come?", he asked and I was shocked, " I want to see you again. I already miss that pretty little face."

"Shut up, sure you can come", I told him and I could hear him laugh on the other side of the phone. He had been complimenting me the whole night and I felt like I was on top of the world. I I felt like my skin was glowing, all my problems had disappeared, and my bank account was full all because of the love and affection he was showing me.

"Is your friend going to be mad?", he asked.

"No. I don't think so. Why do you ask?"

"Girls need their time together just as much as guys need their time together and I don't want to interfere with that", he told me and I nodded.

"No don't worry about it. Pearl isn't really like that, she doesn't get jealous of me having relationships with other people.

"Awesome", he said and I could hear him yawn, " I really should be going to sleep. Let me know when you are going to IKEA and I'll meet you there."

"Same, I'm exhausted", I added on to the plan and we said our goodbyes to each other. I put my phone on the coffee table and looked up at the sun peaking into the room. I wanted to go to sleep and I knew I needed it but I felt wide awake because of the joy I felt. I felt so full of his positive light and energy that I could never sleep again and as long as I had him I'd be okay.

I was in such a state of bliss after talking to Harry, I wondered how I had never lived like this before. How had I gone all my life without feeling this kind of happiness and love? No one had made me feel that before and now I craved it. I closed my eyes and imagined a life where Harry and I felt this way each day of our lives and I fell into a sweet, deep sleep.

-----------

"Good afternoon, raindrop" Pearl said from across the room as I sat up and looked at my phone checking the time, " You practically slept the day away. 

"I know and I'm so sorry. I was up all night last night on the phone with Harry", a smile instantly erupted across my face. Just the sound of his name and the thought of him made me more happy than anyone could ever imagine.

"That is so adorable. How did that even happen?", she asked.

"He is the same guy I was texting. I found his number on the wall at the club. Its the same guy. He told me that and I didn't believe so I made him call me and we just stayed up talking the whole night after that. I swear it was like I had known him my whole life and I was just the happiest I had been in my whole life."

"That's insane", she said and I could tell she was in the same state of shock I was in when Harry told me last night.

"I know."

"So he is all those things that was written about him on the wall. He has issues and will leave you for someone better and is mean?", she questioned.

"I never thought about that stuff", I sighed. When I was talking to Harry I never thought about the things that were written about him on that wall. I never even saw any of those qualities in him. He was kind, understanding, and mature. He was never mean to me or tried to get his way or showed his "issues". It made me question if all the things written on that wall were even true in the first place. The girl who wrote those things might have been jealous or had just ended a relationship with him. She might have not even known him, she could've just put a random number.

" I really don't think that is him, Pearl", I said in the most hopeful tone, "All that stuff could be true about him and I could just be setting myself up for heartbreak but I really like him and I don't see anything like that in him."

"He seemed really genuine but I just want you to remember that stuff, Ocean. Keep those things in the back of your mind because that girl might have known what she was talking about", Pearl added and I nodded. 

I really had to think about that now. When I was talking to Harry I felt so swept of my feet by him. He was the most charming man in the world and that was something that was written on the wall about him. I had to keep all of this stuff in mind now. I was still going to let myself fall for Harry but I was also going to keep my guard up. If there was anything that was off putting I would just have to move on from him.

"I invited him to come to IKEA with us, if you don't mind", I told Pearl and she nodded.

"Good because this a perfect way for me to judge him around you."