nine

Completely ignored. Two days had passed and I had to wonder if something was up or if I had done something wrong. It wasn't like I was bothering him or coming off really clingy either because I know guys hate that. I said hello to him and asked how his day was once in the morning and that was it. I had gotten no response, maybe something was wrong, maybe he was busy, or maybe he wasn't into me anymore but no matter what it was it was breaking my heart.

I hadn't know Harry for long but I felt some kind of an odd connection between him and I. I felt like I had known him my whole life. He spoke to me with such kindness and respect and he was so interesting. I wanted to get to know more and more of him. I wanted to spend as much time with him as possible and hopefully be in a relationship with him one day but I doubt that he wanted the same, especially after him ignoring me for the past two days. 

Pearl had been working all day the past few days and I had been doing all the house chores and exploring the things the apartment were around. I had to think about getting a job too, I had to think about getting back into school too. I valued my education but after my break up it ruined all of my drive so I dropped out. It had been long enough though and I was ready to get back into it so I had applied to the school nearby and was just waiting for a response. If I got in I would start the next semester and soon enough I would get a job and hopefully find a place to live on my own.

Three quick knocks at the door made me jump up and out of my seat. I was in the middle of a reality tv binge, not expecting a single person at all today. Pearl wouldn't even be home until she got off of work at 10. I looked out the peep hole only to see a giant bouquet of roses. I slowly opened the door and peeped through a tiny crack, the farther I opened the door the more nervous I got.

"I'm sorry", Harry said moving his face from behind the flowers and showing me the most adorable, pouty "I'm sorry" face in the whole entire world. 

"Thank you", I said before I lifted the flowers up to my face and smelled them.

"I know I totally just ghosted you and I really didn't mean to. I spiraled there for a few days", he said and I was curious about what happened. What was so time consuming that he can't even text me for a few days and tell me why he can't talk. 

"Here come on in", I said opening the door wide enough for him to come in," Tell me about it."

Harry sat down at the bar connected to the kitchen in the apartment and I went behind it to get him a drink.

"So this spiral?", I asked and he looked down at the ground, running his hand through his hair. He didn't say anything for a while and that made me nervous. What was there to Harry that he didn't want to talk about or didn't want me knowing. 

"I was just getting in fights with the people I live with in my Frat, I was busy with so much school work to do before spring break, and I was just feeling really down. I don't think any of that is a good reason to ignore you though, that's the problem. I wanted to talk to you but I just couldn't my energy level was so low."

"It's really okay though", I said not worried," You have to take care of yourself before you make anyone else a number one priority so its okay."

"I know, I know. I'm important too but I just don't want you to think I'm like that", he said and walked around the bar, wrapping his arm around me pulling me into a hug.

"Like what?"

"A douche that just trying to use you. Too many people think I'm like that and I usually don't care but with you I do. I kept worrying about it and worrying about you and how much you probably hate me and weren't gonna give me a second chance."

"Harry", I called out looking up at him, his eyes slightly watery, " You are too sweet. I am really not like that, its okay. You didn't ruin your impression at all. If anything I was worried that you were just bored with me."

At first, I was mad and I was bitter that Harry wasn't talking to me. I felt like nothing was more important than just letting me know what he was doing at least but know I was over it. He had gone out of his way to come to my place, give me flowers, and explain himself to me. He showed that he cared about me and that I was important to him by going out of his way and that mattered. The little things mattered.

"Well I'm glad", Harry leaned down and kissed me on the forehead before letting me go. I turned around to grab a vase to fill with water for the flowers. 

"I want to take you out tonight", Harry said, " Do you have any plans?"

"No. I was just going to binge Keeping Up with the Kardashians for the next few days."

"Yeah, lets go", Harry said, he picked up his phone and keys off the table. I grabbed my bag which already had my wallet and the things I needed in it and left. 

Sorry for the lack of updates, I'm not gonna promise more but lets hope I update more. Hope you enjoy!!