Chapter 22

Zoey POV

"Angel, grab Ryder's leash," Jax said as I looked over to Ryder to see him starting to run after a pigeon. I grab onto his leash quickly and carefully pulling him back.

Jax and I were on a cliff over water. The scenery was really beautiful. I didn't know where Jax found it but it's really peaceful and nice. We were here to write down Ryder's improvement and other requirements we have for the first couple weeks of having him. We finished about ten minutes ago.

"So why do you call me Angel?" I asked raising my eyebrows towards him.

"I don't know it fits you. It annoys you and I'm entertained by it. Aren't you glad to be my Angel anyways."

"Glad to see my pain is your amusement and hell no."

"So how good are you at dancing?"

"I'm good, not that good but good. I have confidence in my dancing, I've been doing it since I was five. I was originally signed up for ballet but as a five year old, I didn't want to do that. I wanted something more, something more pop, bright, that I can put my own style and vibe into. That's when I just went to the studio and had a teacher to teach me how to develop my own style and vibe and I found in hip hop I can do that. But, the dance goes with the music genre, I did rnb, dancehall, hip hop, reggae, and all other types. I specifically found a liking to Caribbean music because it's something I can pop to and add my own vibe when I make remixes of the songs. What about you? What's your thing?" I said smiling as I talked about dancing and looked over to him.

"Me? Um, don't really have a "thing" I guess you can say. I guess this gang is my "thing", just everything about it. The adrenaline rush I get when I'm racing, or when everything disappears when I'm fighting and it's just me and the other person. But they become a challenge to me and I fight that challenge to win. I get into my zone, and every worry, every problem, and just reality disappears. It's just me and them, and just me in the end," Jax said looking forward at the ocean. His face was calm and at peace, his eyes breath taking emerald green and electrifying blue eyes mixed twinkled as he talked.

"That is your "thing" Jax and keep fighting and doing it and you'll swerve right past the finish line," I said smiling at him raising my fingers indicating quote marks when I said thing.

"Angel you give good advise but you need to learn how to take your own sometimes," Jax said smirking at me.

Once again Jax left me speechless. I shrugged.

"Whatever."

"Angel, how well can you fight?"

"Um I don't know. I mean I know the basics and can beat a bitch if they mess with me," I said laughing.

He had a huge smirk on his face and got up. He grabbed his book bag and Ryder's leash.

"Come on! Get up," he said grabbing my hand as I grabbed my bag pulling me up.

He pulled me to the car and we both got in along with Ryder.

He started the car and sped out.

"Where are we going Jax?" I asked looking at him crazy as he drove.

Silence.

"Jax. Jax. Jax. Where are we going? Jax. Jax. Jax?"

I was starting to get annoyed.

He pulled into a the back of a building. The place looked shady. Well that drive was quick.

He got out and I followed getting Ryder.

He opened the door and I walking into kind of like a training gym/boxing ring area. In the center was a huge ring and around it are big punching bags, and other machines to workout with.