Chapter 46

"This is so good, wow you sure know how to pick a good wine out," Selena said as she finished her glass of red wine.

Selena was Jax and Taylor's aunt, Julia's sister from Italy. I just met her and she seemed like a lovely person much like her sister. She was very beautiful with a bubbly personality. Weirdly she didn't look a bit Italian, more of an Spanish background.

Her black hair was loose in waves along her back as her 5'6 height went well with her curvy figure. She had a lighter shade of green eyes than her sister.

It was 9 o'clock and Jax was at the competition. They started at 7 so he should be home any time now, i was surprised at how early they decided to start the competition but at least it meant he came home early.

At first I was a bit intimidated meeting his aunt Selena due to her strong personality but she was very open and kind. I adjusted to her and we began a flow of talking and laughing as I helped with dinner.

"So Zoey you create dances for the gang?" Selena asked as she sliced the cheese to set up an appetizer.

I nodded mixing the salad.
"But your not in the gang?"

"Um no, I'm not I just choreograph their street dances and the dances for The All Stars."

"Hm smart girl, don't commit." She commented.

I didn't reply not wanting to say the wrong thing to offend her due to I'm also dating her nephew.

"What do you want to do when you graduate?"

"I want to be able to open my own dance studio to those who can't afford to go to those fancy dance academies with stuck up rich kids. The kids or teens who don't have the resources to express their passion and put it aside."

"Aw that's sweet Zoey. I'm confident in your ability to achieve your future goals," Julia said smiling at me.

I smiled back and my heart warmed at her reaction. She was the very few people who now know what I want to do and didn't belittle me for wanting to do such a thing to help those who was once me. I'm very fortunate for what I have now and I won't forget it.

"She's s good girl for Jax, Selena. Keeps him straight, I like her for that. He's his happiest he's been and she's genuine with him."

Her sister hummed nodding at her.

I grabbed the salad bowl setting it on the table and began helping Taylor set the plates and other utensils.

We all sat down and Selena began saying prayers. I held onto Julia and Tay's hand and prayed silently along.

"Amen."

We began eating and laughing among ourselves. They were amusing me as Selena and Julia talked about their wild teenage days and adventures in Puerto Rico where they grew up. But apparently they moved to Italy when they were thirteen to their moms side of the family and moved back to Puerto Rico at seventeen.

They sparked up a lot of trouble in Italy that their father had to send them back to their mother in Puerto Rico but got into even more trouble there as Selena states. When she mentioned it, Julia got tensed and laughed forcibly.

"So get this in Italy, Julia and I had a little trick we'd always play on the local shop owners. So I'd create a distraction and Julia would sneak in and get anything she'd be able to and sneak back out. We've been caught a few times and Mr. Russo, the owner of the pizza parlor chased us down the block with a loaf of bread when he saw us."

"Oh my god yes Sel! Remember when Mr. Blanchi used to fall asleep with his radio on his balcony and we used to steal it to get into parties!" Julia laughed loudly as her eyes brightened and her face flowed with happiness. In this moment with her sister she seemed stress free and happy. She looked so beautiful and her laughter made me smile.