Chapter 24

Zoey POV

It's Monday and I'm not looking forward to any of this week. After the race on Friday, I just kept low this weekend by the house. I still didn't figure out what that kiss was all about but he went back and acted normal which meant with his blank cold stare. He won the last race at least. It was between him, Nick, and that guy he got into a fight with at school. It was intense to say at least.

I was in drama class listening to Leah and Greg argue if Rob Kardashian and Blac Chyna should be together.

"They should! I mean they are perfect together. They are already having a baby!" Greg yelled.

"So who cares about the baby. Rob was always depressed and shit then all of a sudden he's engaged and a soon to be father. That's weird," Leah argued back.
That line she used "depressed and shit" got to me and brought back memories of my mother. I shook them away as I listen to the teacher talk about your posture as your on stage.

The bell rang stopping him mid way of a sentence as we all rushed out. I had math next as I got my text book and walked towards the class.

As usual class was boring and I didn't see any of the guys at all today in class. They were M.I.A. Jax missed health/advisory first period so I just filled the paperworks out myself about Ryder.

Lunch was just Abby, Leah and I since Nick's coach has been keeping them back for more practices a lot for the upcoming games against their rivalries.

The day went by quickly and I walked into the parking lot to see Abby leaning on her car searching for someone.

"Hey Abb's."

"Oh hey Zoe. Zack asked me to give you a lift home," she said getting in the car.

I nodded and got in as well.

"Where are the guys? I haven't seen them or Nicole actually for the day?"

"Gang business."
That short simple answer everyone kept saying to me and I didn't pry after that but I did want to know.

"What happened?" Abby had to know. Sean must of told her.

"Um..," she said nervously drumming her fingers against the wheel.

"Abby!"

"Ugh! Fine. This guy decided to mess with Jax and their drug order and this huge mess happened with another gang and Sean said Jax was pissed. He decided to handle things since nobody and I mean nobody crosses him because their too scared to and the guys couldn't let him go by himself so they went too. And Nicole she is behind a few dance routines and needs the gang to catch up for upcoming street dance battles since she is head in the dance department."

"When Jax says handle things, what does that mean?"

"That means this stupid guy that thought he was fearless and tried to cross Jax, his family is crying and getting funeral arrangements ready as we speak."

"Oh."

"I mean I don't blame Jax, he has to keep his reputation and not going down to some wimpy guy who thought he was the shit and didn't know who Jax Hunter really is."
I didn't know what to say to that. Jax was really mysterious and I might never know why he kissed me because there's no way he'll tell me anything.

"Can you stop by that cute café you picked me up from. Um I think the name is Home Sweet Home."

"Kay."

We pulled in a parking space and got out.

I walk in to see the place flooded with people. The line was long and every booth was full.