Chapter 30

Jax POV

"Hey mom I'm back," I shouted as I walked back in my house searching for her.

"In the kitchen!"

I walked in surprised to see Rose on the island stools with my mom in the kitchen.

"Oh hey Rose."

"Good evening Jax!"

"I called Rose to thank her and she was headed home so she stopped by to catch up," my mom beamed.

She looked happy around Rose. It's good that she has someone to talk to, being single mom is tough and I try my best to understand and help. I show my appreciation of her.

I threw my keys onto the table and sat on the stool beside Rose.

"Zoey got home safely?"

"Yeah mom, have some faith in me."

I sighed as our kiss came back to me. What's different about this girl? It aggravates me that she just had something on me ugh. It's just her presence and I can't get enough of her. I sound like a pussy but I can't get my head around what's happening.

I can't like her. I can't right? Come on Jax, man the fuck up. Your fucking Jax Hunter. No girl has you like this.

"Hm. Zoey, such a sweet girl."

"She sure is. Different from the others."

"Especially Nicole. God. I've seen the girl grown up and she's always been the same brat. I work for her parents and all but shes just making this whole adjustment for Zoey harder. I pity the poor girl. I know Nicole has a heart but I just wish she knew how to use it sometimes."

"Yeah. When I heard Zack's sister was coming imagine my surprise. Such a shame about their mother. Connor may be a different person now but it's just sad. My heart goes out for Zoey and Zack."

"Yeah I'm glad they both have you Jax. Especially Zoey she's happy around you."

I jumped up at the mention of my name in the conversation. I couldn't get my mind off of Zoey and the more they mention her mother and past it irks me. Especially that Nicole is being childish.

"Uh yeah. I mean she has her friends. She's pretty close to Abby and Leah," I muttered.

"I didn't know she was that close to you Jax," my mom teased.

I gave her an annoyed look.

"Hey! I barely know anything about what's going on with you anymore. As your mother I'm concerned. God teenagers these days," my mother protested.

She went to the bar and grab a bottle of wine and poured a glass for her and Rose.

"Jax?" She offered

I shook my head.

"You seemed troubled Jax what's wrong," Rose spoke up with the over concern motherly tone ready with the wise advise.

"Ugh! It's Zoey! She's just-I don't know."

"Tell us. Mothers know best after all. Do you need anything?" My mother asked motioning to our bar.

I groaned and put my head on the island/table we have in the kitchen overlooking the stove. Like at Connors house but the only different was the two different styles of the kitchens.

"Whiskey. Gin. Vodka. I don't know surprise me."

I can feel my mother annoyed look as she glares at my head. I pulled myself up and looked as she pour something into a cube glass.