Curious Alice - Chapter 10

"Of course!" Both Emmi and Alice reply, almost immediately after I ask the question. Both of them seemed overly excited as if they'd seen the most amazing gift in the entire world. I smile wide and hugged both of them happily.
"I always knew you were my Alice, and my Emmi." I smile.
They both hug me and smile. We stay like this, for a long, long time.
"What kind of tea would you both like?" I ask with a smile.
"Any kind, I'm okay with." Alice says, her smile beaming at me.
"Me too." Emmi says, giving a very similar smile.
"Well, come come! Sit at my dining table! Come!" I say visibly, waving them over. They come over, and we start walking through the living room and into my dining room, which could sit four people.
"Sit!" I say, smiling wide, they both smile and sit down.
I grab my teapot and pour water into it. I put it on the stove and turn it on. I grab four teacups and place them on the table in line for everyone at the table. Once the water boils, I grab the teabags and place them into everyone's cups and pour the water in. I sit down.

"Hey, Tarrant. I want to talk to you later. Would you mind if I stay over at your house? You know.. Since most of my family is..." Alice stops.

"Gone... Yeah. You can stay." I say, in a much more lower voice. More of a sadder voice.

"Thank you... I need to talk about something important after the tea party, actually." Alice says.

To be continued...