Curious Alice - Chapter 17

We woke up early that morning to Mirana talking a few feet behind our door. The both of us sat in bed. Alice stretched as I stood up and walked up to Alice's side of the bed. I helped her up, she smiled politely at me. We both walked out quietly of the room and saw Mirana and Emmi sitting at the dining room table, talking. Mirana sees us, smiles, and waves us over to the table.
"Good morning, I see you two lovers had a wonderful night." She teased us.
Alice and I bother giggle at her little joke. Alice sits next to Mirana, and I sit at the very end of the table, as usual when I sit at a large table. It had been unusually quiet as we sat.
"Oh, Tarrant, Alice." Emmi speaks up, looking up at us. We pay attention to her by looking up from the table and staring back.
"Mommy and daddy sent a letter to Mirana yesterday saying they heard about your house, Tarrant. They're letting you and Alice stay at the family's house tonight." Emmi said, and once she stopped talking, she looked back down and played with her thumbs.
"Yeah?" I ask, still looking at her. She nodded, still looking down at her thumbs.
"Personally, I'd love to." Alice said, giving a smile.
"Alright, we'll go." I say, as the three of us stood up.
"Ah, Hatter!" Mirana said, stopping us.
"Yes Mirana?" I ask as I look back at her.
"Before you go, you still want to get some hat materials?" Mirana asked as she stood up.
I smiled, "Yes."