Curious Alice - Chapter 14

Quickly, I run and grab all the hats I can collect. Then, I run downstairs once I finish. I take a moment and look around for everyone, and see Mirana, Emmi, and Alice huddled up by the front door.
"Tarrant, hurry!" Mirana yelps, as she starts opening the door. I was first to run out. Regardless of the hats flying out of my arms left and right, I continue to run ahead of the group. To Marmoreal, I go. I see Mirana's castle in the distance. This time, getting to Mirana's castle was quicker than getting to Iracebeth's castle, and I turn around with the rest of my hats still in my hands and wait for the group to catch up.
After waiting approximately ten minutes, everyone catches up to me. Mirana calls for her guards to open up the gates. Two guards bow towards her and do just that.
Later that night, we are all in Mirana's castle. Alice, Emmi, and I sat in the big guest room. Alice sat next to me on the bed. We held each other's hands. Emmi sat on the floor cradling herself.
"Love." Alice started, "Don't worry, everything will be just fine."
I look over at Alice and smile.
"Thank you." I said, in thanks of her reassurance.
Alice smiled and patted me on the shoulder. I fixed my hat on my head and put an arm around her gently and pulled her into me. Suddenly, the door busts open. Mirana came running inside.
"Guys, come. Quickly." She said, frantically.
We all jump up with no hesitation at all and start running with Mirana. Mirana leads us upstairs and into her big, fancy room. She walks up to her window and motions us to come up with her. We do just as so, and we see smoke in the distance.
I fall to my knees.
My house, it's on fire.