Curious Alice - Chapter 24

24

I decided to take a shower that afternoon. It was rare for it to be a gloomy weather day here in Witzend, and today was one of those days. I stepped inside the tub and turned the shower on. I never take too long, but today was different. My mind raced, since I was overly excited to explore Wonderland. Especially with my new girlfriend. I hadn't realized I'd been in the shower for nearly an hour, until father came to the door knocking, informing me I'd been in for such an outrageous amount of time. I immediately finished up and threw my towel around my waist and ran to my room. It was nearing nighttime, and Alice and I had only two hours to plan out what we were going to do.
The only thing I had on my mind was what mother always told me when I was younger,
'Now Tarrant, stay safe. Be in a group. Have fun.'

Why she told me 'be in a group' when I was younger, I have no idea. The only friends I had that lived in wonderland were the Tweedles and Chess and Baynard. I hadn't met Mirana or any of my other friends, not even Alice. I was always the socially awkward kid, and considered myself a loner. I use to enjoy it, though I wanted to make friends at times. Looking back now, I wish I did make friends.

Getting dressed took a quick amount of time. It took me a moment to realize Alice was knocking at my door. I opened it as soon as I heard her voice calling me. She smiled as she came inside my room and sat on my small bed.

"Okay, we leave in two hours as you know, we come back just before sunrise okay?" Alice said.

I laughed to myself. It's as if we were doing something to secretive, like little kids sneaking out of our mom and dads care at the late hours of the night. I knew we were going to have fun regardless.