Curious Alice - Chapter 21

21

Hearing her say that made me smile. Something about her always made me feel right, happy. I knew from the beginning, I'd spend my life with her.

"Does that mean... You're mad too?" I ask, as she held my face.

"I must be at least half as mad as you, to be dating you." Alice said, poking my nose, which made me smile. "And that is a compliment."

This made me smile again. I'd been falling in love with her so deeply, so madly in love with her. My thoughts wandered with the fact that I'd been so in love. I must've been staring funny at Alice, since my thoughts had been interrupted by Alice, asking,

"Hatter? Are you okay?"

"Love, I'm mad. Bonkers." I say, with a smile. A grin, perhaps. Alice smiled when I said this. I could tell she had the same feelings as I. She leaned back and grabbed my arm and pulls me back with her and leaned me into her. She rested my head on her shoulders, and finally just took a deep breath. I could tell she'd been more happier than ever. This is, as a matter of fact, the happiest I've seen her in my lifetime of, you know. Seeing her.

"Hatter." She said, her eyes glistening in the sunlight that shown just in the window next to us. Her blonde hair fell on her shoulders. Her grin spread easily across her face.

"Yes?" I ask, tilting my head to the side just a little and giving her a soft smile.

"My hatter, see, I was not planning on coming here again... Especially so soon. I was going to live with my sister and her husband since my mom died." Alice said, looking into my eyes deeply. She held both my hands.

My heart sank.