Curious Alice - Chapter 15

15

I went into deep thought for a long while.

*Flashback*
Everyone was dancing. Smiling. We were all happy. All was good. Up until afternoon. The sky grew gray, loads of clouds rolled in. The Jabberwocky flew in, and burned everything.
*End of flashback*

"Hatter? Hatter!" Alice yells. I snapped out.
"I'm fine." I say, in a low voice.
"Mirana? Why's he acting like this?" Alice asked.
"I suppose the fire brought him flashbacks to Horovendoush day, when the Jabberwocky destroyed everything and nearly killed his family." Mirana says
A moment of silence fell upon everyone in the room. Emmi sat down on Mirana's bed.
"Hatter, I'm sorry. Here, come downstairs to bed. We'll get you some new hat making materials in the morning. I have a clean desk for you to work on in the morning." Mirana says, putting an arm gently around me and beginning to walk me downstairs. Alice follows us.
"Suppose I can join the both of you tomorrow?" She asks Mirana.
"Of course, you are one of the few who makes him happy." Mirana said, Alice giving a little grin.
"I assume Iracebeth did the fire, right? Why?" Alice asked
"You guys ran from her deadly games. She assumed you guys been hiding from her in Tarrant's house. Being the mean person she is, she attempted to kill you all." Mirana said, in rather a concerned, soothing, and upset tone.
"That vile fool..." Alice whispered under her breath.