~18~

"Are we going to your house?" Camden asked, looking around the street.

Sapphire rolled her eyes sarcastically, "Yes Cam, yes we are." she said.

They had been walking for a while, speeding up so they could get there as soon as they could.

She finally began slowing down when she found her house. She went up and opened the door, not afraid if someone would scream.

She closed the door behind her, and immediately she made eye contact with her father. His emotionless face turned into a big grin.

"Sapphire! What brings you back home?" he asked, hugging her.

"It's nice to you see you again, Dad. Well, I was reading this book, and I found that these two 'heroes' looked a lot like me. I was wondering if you knew anything about my previous parents?" she asked, pointing to the picture in the book of the two staring at each other.

Her father stiffened a little bit, but manage to answer the question, "Yes, I did get to know your parents for a little while. They were lovely people, too." he said, looking out the window to the kitchen.

"Are they the people in the picture?" she asked, handing to book over to him.

He instantly gave the book back, and he turned to look at her, with visible tears forming in his eyes, "Yes, they are."

He paused to wipe his tears away before continuing,

"I remember the day when you came too. Your mother, Iris, came with you in your arms to our house. She was talking about how some people are out to get her, and she wanted you to be safe and protected. I and your mother happily agreed to adopt you. Although we didn't have the papers for you, we still took care of you. Your mother gave me a list, talking about her wishes that she wanted to give to you once you were on your journey. Hold on. I think I have something here." he said, getting up and opening one of the cabinets, showing a worn-out piece of paper.

He gave it to Sapphire. She began reading:

Dear Sapphire,

We are terribly sorry that you never got to meet us personally, we were out being hunted by the hunters that one day will go for you. I want you to know that you are still very much loved, by me, your father, and your adopted parents as well. You are very special, with us and with the other world. You probably have already read or heard about the prophecy and how you have the wonderful gift of powers. I do not know what powers you'll have since there is a chance you won't adapt to our powers, but I assure you that you will be great one day.

Also, you might have heard of my and your father's heroic story, of us, saving towns from danger and more things along the lines of that. Please, don't think that you have to follow in our footsteps. You are welcome to follow, but I want you to know that you don't have to be the bold, heroes that we were. You don't have to be a "savior" of the towns. What we really want from you, is to be you.

Once you get your powers and understand how to use them correctly (for the most part), I ordered your adoptive father to hand this to you. Enclosed inside this message is a ring. This ring has been in my family for a few hundred years, and since you are part of this family, it is your turn to have this ring. Our family has been a family that typically has water associated with us, so that is why there is a sapphire in the middle. That is also how you got your name too, cool huh?

You don't have to wear it since it is pretty flashy, but if you want constant luck, carry it with you. Once you have children of your own, hand it down to them. And make sure that this ring does not fall into the wrong hands.

We love you, our dearest Sapphire

Love,

Stephano and Iris Imbens, your parents

Sapphire's eyes widened.

She, a loner that barely talked to anyone, was the daughter of two of the greatest heroes.

She clutched the book with one of her hands, carrying the note and the ring in the other.

"Thanks, Dad. I...I don't think I'll be coming back, ya know if this is my destiny," she said, looking all around, avoiding making eye contact with her father.

"If that is what you want, I'm okay with it," he said, putting a hand on her shoulder.

She gave him a smile in return.

"Just be careful out there when you are defending the world, okay?" her dad asked.

"Of course," she replied, finding a place to put the ring.

Camden waved from the doorway at Sapphire's father as she walked out the door, him following behind.

~~

Camden decided that it would be good enough to wait in the forest until the other three would have come back from the library. As they waited, they were thinking about what they were going to do.

"Should we even think about moving where the tree would be?" Camden asked, looking at the large tree that they have been calling "home."

"I guess that could be a possibility, but right now I don't really think we have a purpose of moving unless we were being hunted down, and even the chances of that are very unlikely," Sapphire said.

They sat in silence for a few minutes.

"I'm bored," Camden said.

"Same," Sapphire replied.

"You wanna do something?" Camden asked.

"Like what?" Sapphire questioned.

Camden ran over to an open plain, "We could have a battle." he prompted.

"Oh, it's ON!" Sapphire said, suddenly amused.

Camden took a coin out of his pocket, "Heads or tails?" he asked.

"I'm going tails," Sapphire said.

He flipped the coin, and it landed on tails.

"Ha HA! I get to go first!" Sapphire cheered.

Camden just rolled his eyes and stepped back.

Sapphire put her hands on her head as she tried to picture something to try and stun him for long enough. She slowly withdrew her hands from her head as they hovered around her shoulders. She pointed her fingers at him, a shape that looked like a gun.

"Pew." she whispered, "pulling the trigger."

Large streams of water came from her fingertips and were headed towards Camden.

He quickly dodged them, as another round fired. Unfortunately, he didn't get a chance to react as the water hit him square in the face. He heard Sapphire laughing, but he knew that he's going to get payback.

He got up from the ground and cracked his knuckles. He wiggled his fingers, and he felt the air currents move. He gave a sly smile and threw his hands up into the air, making every leaf around them begin swirling into the air. He moved his hands in a circular motion, causing the leaves to shift into a small funnel. He threw his hands towards Sapphire, making the funnel go in that direction. Sapphire was lifted in the air but safely fell back to the ground. Sapphire instantly knew what her next move would be.

With deep concentration, she was able to make waves appear in mid-air. She lunged her hands forwards, and Camden was drenched. Camden flipped his hair back dramatically as he thought of a different strategy. He started by walking towards Sapphire, his hands behind his back. Behind his back, he began making little circles, hoping that Sapphire wouldn't notice.

Suddenly, there was a very loud crack, and both of them were startled.

"What the hell are you doing?" Tesla said, angrily.

"We were just battling with each other," Sapphire explained.

"That's how we might get killed you dummies!" she fiercely whispered. The two troublemakers held their heads down as they walked away.