•20•

Welp, you guys got this to 100 votes and I got 50 reads on my new book so, here's a long one!

Ethan's pov

"Help! My wife's going into labor. Her water already broke!" I tell the lady behind the desk as I struggle to carry her.

"We can take her from here!" A girl Doctor says as she rolls a stretcher up to Skylar. I place her on it and follow them as they push her quickly into the child birth section.

••••••••••••

"Mrs. Dolan?" The doctor asks. Ugh I could get used to that. "Yeah" she asks nervously. "It seems that..,you actually aren't going into labor" she giggles. "What? But my water broke!" Skylar gets confused as well as me. "That was not your water it was urine" she giggles a little more. ".........well, this is embarrassing" Skylar laughs. "Yeah" I agree still holding her hand. "You will be going into labor soo-" the doctor get cut off by Skylar screaming.

"Ahhhhhhhhh. Okay this time it's real!" She shouts making all 3 of us laugh as the doctor takes a look on the screen.

"Yeah. Your one centimetre dilated" the doctor cheers. "Yay!" Skylar cheers.

••••••••••••••

"Remember your breathing!" I tell her as she starts to crown. "Ew.ew.ew.ew.ew.ew.ew" I say quietly as the top half of the babies head pops out. "Ahhhhh. Oooooooiiiiii" Skylar screams as she pushes, squeezing my hand to death at the same time. "You're doing great" I tell her.

•••••••••••••

"One more big push!" The doctor encourages her. "Eeeeeee" she screamed as the baby flops into the doctors hands.

"It's not crying. Why is it not crying?" Skylar cries. I start to panic a little. "Shhhh. It hasn't realized its out of the womb yet" the doctor says quietly.

His legs and arms slowly stretch out from his curled up position causing me and sky to let out a breath of relief.

"That was adorable" she whimpers as she wipes her sweat and tears. "It was" I kiss her clammy forehead.

He starts to weep quietly as he opens his eyes. He only opens them for seconds at a time, after all it is the first time he's ever seen light.

"We'll be right back. We just have to make sure he's healthy, weigh him and wash him" the same female doctor says before walking out of the room holding our new born baby boy in her arms, comforting him as he whines and cries.

"All that stuff on him was gross!" I say after all the doctors left. "Well I'm sorry. All that was inside of me" she laughed. "He's so cute!" I change the topic, "he looks just like you" she smiles up at me.

"That's my boy. Noah Grant Dolan" I smile proudly. "That sounds nice" she says as her eyes move to behind me.

I turn to see the doctor holding Noah. "He's 7 pounds 3 ounces, perfectly healthy and one of the cutest babies I've ever seen" she smiles handing him off to Skylar. The doctor places the birth certificate papers on the little bed side table before leaving us to be alone with Noah.

"Hi!" She looks into his eyes, he looks into hers in amazement before he smiles for the first time in his life.

After about ten minutes of Skylar holding Noah and crying she hands him to me.

"Hey little buddy!" I say as I hold him carefully, still wrapped in his soft blue blanket. "Ahahahah" he laughed. "I could really get used to that laugh" I look up at Skylar as she nods in agreement. Next thing I know he drifted off to sleep, an adorable smile glued to his face.