Chapter 4

PRESENT DAY

Things have passed quite nicely ever since we landed in America. I used all the depression and sadness I accumulated from Australia to graduate from high school at the top of my class, and now be on my second year in my Interior Design course in the California Academy for Architecture.

Today should've been just another day. I was working on another drawing I meant to put on my portfolio, just in case I'd need it for a job interview. My professor assigned me to do a whole living room based on the life, attitude and works of Salvador Dali, which was an extremely challenging task.

Suddenly, Kenzie bursts through our small apartment door and yells, "HOLY SHITBALLS, YOU'LL NEVER GUESS WHAT I GOT FROM WORK TODAY!" she yells, like there's a fire in the first floor of the building.

"What, Kenzie?" I reply in a sarcastically enthusiastic tone, not looking up from my paper. I was deep in thought: I just couldn't get to make the blueprint look right.

"Look here!" she ordered me. I obeyed, and she fished out two One Direction concert tickets from her jacket pocket. Ugh, I knew she'd be able to get her hands on those. When she heard that Anaheim was part of the Take Me Home tour, she wouldn't stop talking about how bad she wanted to get some tickets. Looks like her hard work paid off.

"Uhm, yay One Direction concert tickets AND backstage passes?" I say, unhappily.

"Ugh, come on Tatiana! Get a hold of yourself! You've been working on your studies too hard, young lady!" Kenzie says, getting a grip on my hands, which makes me drop my Stabilo pencil.

I rolled my eyes. She can get so immature when it comes to this boyband. It's like I'm the one who's twenty and working to provide for the two of us, while she's the eighteen year-old crazed fangirl/stalker. "What's the big deal? You know I'm not crazy about them like you are."

Suddenly, she pulls off those puppy-dog eyes. "Aww, puhleaaaase T? You don't want your wittle big sistew to be sad, wight?" she asks. This can get totally annoying at times, because it actually works. I begin to feel pity for her, and I can't seem to gaze away from them, and... UGH I HATE THIS.

"Fine, I'll go with you!" I scream at her face, which makes her dance like a freaking maniac. Why does she always have to win though?

And I retort something that I hoped she would've heard, but didn't. "But that doesn't mean I'll enjoy."

-•-•-•-•-

The moment I get home from school the next day, Kenzie was already buzzing with excitement. She was putting on some mascara, and was wearing a cute blouse with a blue ribbon sticking out of it, a neon peplum skirt and some metallic gladiator heels. I can't help but laugh whilst telling her, "Kenz, this is a concert. Not your first anniversary date."

She rolls her eyes at me, and says, "Goddamn it, Tiana. Maybe it's because you won't be meeting your future husband today, which is probably why you can't understand my current situation. You must be a rookie in the world of love."

I wanted to reply, "Oh Lord, I've been in love with a boy, remember? He just didn't love me back."

But, I couldn't.

Wow, I haven't thought of Luke in what... over a year or something? The moment I came to America, I promised to ban myself from ever falling in love again. I came to the unfair conclusion that all boys were the same: they'd suck out your heart and your soul, make you give them your everything and just break your heart like it was nothing to them.

Luke Hemmings made my heart stone cold. He could've just stabbed me with a knife that day, and that still would've hurt less.

"Helloooo? Earth to Tiana?" Kenzie finally yells loud enough, waving her hand over my face. "Wow, it's been a while since you spaced out on me like that, sweetheart."

She places her hands in mine, and finally switches back from Immature Fangirl to Big Sister mode. "Tell me, who have you been thinking about again?"

I shrug, and lie, "Who? Don't you mean what? I haven't focused on anybody, besides you probably." Though I try to make it sound convincing, my fake smile gives it all away.

"I don't want you to get emotional in front of me, so I won't tell you what I'm supposed to reply," she says with a wink. "Now, go get dressed, you bozo. We got a long night ahead of us."

-•-•-•-•-

Hello, guys! :) Sorry for the filler chapter. The concert's coming up in the next one, so be prepared! I hope you're liking this, haha. By the way, not all places here are real. I'm not really from California, so I'm not so sure about the places around there :) Anyway, feel free to tell me anything you wish in the comments.

Vote. Comment. Share.

SPREAD THE WORD, and I'll love you forever and ever xx

- AussieFreaks