Chapter 5

After four minutes of intense deliberation with myself (I really like doing that, haha), I chose to go with my yellow Pikachu hoodie, a pair of galaxy leggings and some gray Keds. I come out of my room immediately, finishing even before Kenzie, who greets me with the question: "You're wearing that to a One Direction concert?"

"It's not like we're watching Pierce the Veil," I reply back. Pierce the Veil is my absolute favorite band! Kenzie shows no appreciation for them whatsoever, just because their songs are "screamo". She fails to understand the songs' messages, and how important they could mean to someone like me, who has gone through so much in life at such a young age.

As expected, Kenzie rolls her eyes at me and presses my ticket and backstage pass into my hand. "Where did you get these tickets though? Concert tickets are pricey enough, then you even got us backstage passes." I ask.

She fixes her earrings, and applies one more layer of foundation until her face looks like a deconstructed cupcake. "Oh, I was doing some tours around the place, and then suddenly two of the people on the line introduced that they were members of 5 Seconds of Summer, One Direction's opening act. Then, they asked if I wanted free tickets, and OH LORD, I GOT THEM!"

5 Seconds of Summer? Well, I haven't heard of them. "Are you sure they're a legit band? Aren't you suspicious that they just gave us phony tickets or something?" I ask, examining the pieces of paper in my hand. They feel real, they look real, but they might not, you know.

"For Christ's sake, Tiana. They had legit bodyguards, okay? And they had matching Australian accents like us, and whoo they were so fit!" she exclaims. "If that's the only excuse you can think of so you can't accompany to the concert, well better luck next time!"

-•-•-•-•-

The One Direction concert ticket promised it would promptly start at 8:00pm, so Kenzie sped through the freeway like a mental institution patient gone loose, and almost got a police ticket. Thrice. Well, she thought it paid off because we got there at a very early two in the afternoon.

Well, let's fast forward all the trips to the McDonald's takeout, failed One Direction stalking attempts, petty fights and trash talking carrots who tried cutting the line, shall we? (It's an ugly experience.)

We found ourselves in the smack dab middle of the whole arena. Not very near the stage, but not with the peasants in the far back either. And even though we were already settled standing up, the concert wouldn't start for another fucking hour. Pissed, I grabbed one of the emergency blankets Kenzie kept in her backpack, my iPod Shuffle and earphones and lay down on the floor, being lulled to sleep by Caraphernelia by Pierce the Veil.

-•-•-•-•-

Suddenly, I felt a painful sensation in the right side of my waist. I've had "If You Can't Hang" by Sleeping With Sirens on repeat for my whole nap, I could hear it echoing in my head. And then, I realize I heard Kenzie screaming my name again and again. "WHAT THE FUCK, WAKE UP TIANA! THE CONCERT'S STARTING, SMOKE IS ON THE STAGE!"

I can hear her voice, and it's probably loud enough to create a scandal, so I think it's best if I stand up and watch the opening act from the balcony in which we're standing from. "I'm awake, I'm awake," I mutter, annoyed.

"What the hell, T? You slept for one hour, and you look like the Grumpy Old Troll frol Dora the Explorer," Kenzie tells me. I flash her a fake smile, and fish my bag for my comb, when I suddenly hear cheers erupt.

Four boys rise from the bottom from the stage. Oooh, the opening act, how exciting! *sarcastic* The first one comes out, his hair in an array of different colors, with an electric guitar and a stuffed pony in his right arm. Wow, he looks cute.