Chapter 9

*Luke's POV*

The next morning, I woke up in complete confusion. Today was probably what I would call Judgment Day on Earth. Ever since Bob from Management told me about his master plan last night, I wasn't able to think straight. What if things didn't go as perfectly as he had planned? What if Tiana refused, or what if she had already packed her things and left the country first thing after the concert?

So many things could possibly go wrong today, but Bob just told me to shut up and have faith in his instincts. Oh well, maybe a cup of coffee should wake me up from this trance.

-•-•-•-•-

*Tiana's POV*

When I opened my eyes on the particular Saturday morning after the One Direction concert, I knew immediately that something was wrong.

I wasn't hearing the TV on to Fanboy and Chumchum, and I couldn't hear the sound of Kenzie endlessly babbling things to herself about One Direction. Then, I knew something was definitely up.

I didn't bother fixing my bed head, and I continued to tiptoe out of my room into the hallway that would lead into the dining room of our apartment. I had grabbed a baseball bat, because I have learned to expect the worst case scenarios all the time.

Suddenly, I was hearing muffled screams.

My ears shot, and turned hot in seconds, while I stood my ground and leaned against the wall of the hallway for support. What if... Oh no, I couldn't afford to think of negative thoughts right now.

I was about to lean to sneak a peek at the dining area, but then I ended up falling ever so ungracefully. Flat on my chest, I tried pushing myself up to get myself back on my feet but to no avail. And then, almost what I expected from a horror movie became unfortunately real.

"Ah, Miss Knowles. We have been expecting you to wake up soon," a deep, full voice of what seemed to be a grown man muttered from the living room. WHAT THE FUCK, I HAD NO IDEA WHAT TO DO OMG WHAT IF THEY HAD GOTTEN KENZIE TIED UP IN CHAINS OR SOMETHING, OR WHAT IF THEY HAD A FREAKING KNIFE?!

"Miss Knowles?" I heard him say again. "Darius, kindly fetch her. I have a feeling she's attached to her linoleum floor or something." I tried to get up, or crawl myself back to my room in such panic, when I felt strong arms grab hold of mine. I was afraid to look backward, thinking I would find a masked man or a hoodlum full of tattoos.

But, when I did, I saw a butler in a suit.

What the fuck was going on?

Is this some sort of dream sequence?

How weird.

Anyway, this bulky man in a coat and tie picked me up and dragged me to our dining area, where there sat a formal-looking man also wearing a tuxedo, and Kenzie with duct tape around her mouth and a rope around her hands and feet. Her eyes showed panic and fear, which scared me to death. Nothing fazed Kenzie, but when it did, it sure as shit was scary.

"What do you want from me?" I asked through gritted teeth, with Darius still pulling at my arms.

He laughs, and flicks the ashes from his cigarette onto our carpet. "Ah, Luke was right. You are indeed a feisty one, Miss Knowles."

Wait, Luke?

Did that Hemmings boy get me and my family into a pile of horseshit?

Why would they want to hurt me and Kenzie?

"Luke? As in, Luke Hemmings? Or is any other Luke associated with me now?" I asked, pushing my hair away from my face. Now, I really should have fixed my bedhead for sure.