Chapter 20

*Luke's POV*

It was 5:25, Monday afternoon in Las Vegas.

It was our free day today. The soundcheck and concert wouldn't be for another day, so the boys and I decided to split up. Calum, Ashton and Michael probably went all tourist, making Keeks of the places they were going to. While I was stuck here in the bus with Tiana, in the driver's seat for our 'second date'.

"So, where do you wanna eat?" I ask, speeding past a few slow cars when the light turned green. (Haha, get it? Green Light? Okay sorry, moving on.)

"Uh, I could go for some McDonald's. I haven't had a Big Mac in ages," Tiana replies, trying to look for paper bills in her pockets.

"Don't worry, I'm paying," I replied, fishing out a credit card from my jeans. She mouths a thank you to me in return.

A few minutes pass, and I steer to the right to reveal a branch of McDonald's. With a full parking lot. And based from the view from the windows, no seating space.

"Aww," I hear Tiana say. I turn to her, and I see a frown on her face.

"Don't worry, we could do drive-thru or something," I reply, driving towards the drive-thru lane. When our turn comes, I pull down the window and see the dumbfounded faces of the crew as they stare both either at me or at the huge tour bus.

"C-can I help you?" the service crew member stutters out, as she sets her messy ponytail to the side.

"Yeah, sure. I'd like a Filet O'Fish and Big Mac, please." I request. She punches in our order, and asks for my credit card. Well, I found that part kinda weird. Because when she was going to get my card, she reached for my hand instead and wouldn't let it go. I turned to Tiana for any kind of help, but all she could do was smirk and mouth 'rabid fangirl' at me.

"Uh, okay?" I say, pulling my hand away with force. The girl looks sorry for what she did, and just orders us to go to the next window to claim our food. I step on the gas, and we move forward. Finally.

All of a sudden, there's a flash.

And then, two.

And then, screams.

And then...

It was the paparazzi.

Tiana got something from the glove compartment, and used it to cover her face. I searched for something, but couldn't find any, so I just snapped at the people without meaning to, and told them to follow up our food.

"Luke! Luke!"

"Tiana, look here!"

"Luke, what do you think about when people are calling you guys the next big couple?" someone asked through the open window, which made Tiana shriek.

"Uh, thank you, I guess?" I reply to the person, who easily gets shoved by someone else. Tiana can't find any other place to turn to where there are no paps, so she keeps her head down the rest of the time.

"Luke, if you were asked to choose between Tiana and your fans, who would you pick?"

"That's total bullshit," I hiss at the person who asked, who I didn't even get to see anymore.

"Luke! People are saying that Tiana's been cheating on you!" a sneaky paparazzi said. He pried Tiana's window open and snuck his head in. What the...

"What the fuck?" Tiana manages to sputter out right in front of the man. "I'm not cheating!"

"Oh yeah? People are saying you're in a relationship with Michael Clifford! Luke's bandmate!" the man said again. I wanted to punch him across the jaw because...