Chapter 26

*Tiana's POV*

To break down in simple terms the complicated things that have been happening to me for the past few hours, let's just say that I. Have. Been. Walking. Home.

Relying on only unclear instructions from drunkards and supposed rapists on the street, and some bottled water I bought with the two dollars I had in my pocket, I was able to start walking from the country club all the way to my home.

If only Kenzie had returned my calls and my texts, maybe I'd been home hours ago.

I push the thought aside, and continue to walk as I stare at the dry leaves slowly falling to the floor, and the cool wind that sent shivers down my spine.

Meanwhile, my mind was having a debate on whether or not I should give Michael another chance.

"Should I give him another chance after he tried to screw me?"

"Oh, c'mon Tiana! He was drunk!"

"So? Everytime he comes home drunk if ever we become husband and wife, he'll just...screw me?"

"People make mistakes. If only you hadn't downed so much beer, then he wouldn't have followed your example."

"Well, if he didn't fucking bring the beer, maybe it would have all been solved!"

My mind stops at that thought, unable to counterattack. Tears are already streaming down my cheeks, and I feel a hot, burning sensation on my cheeks when suddenly...I see the bright neon sign of a hotel. La Fairmont.

La Fairmont? Now, where have I heard that?

La Fairmont.

That was the hotel where the 5SOS boys are staying in! I jog closer and closer to it, and when I look across the street...my apartment building is there!

Overexcitedly, I turn around too swiftly and harshly that I bump into someone, a guy possibly, as I kneed him in the groin. "Oh shit," I hear him murmur.

I roll my eyes, and turn around to give him the best death stare my swollen eyes could. But... "Tiana?"

It was Luke.

I couldn't recognize him from the sunglasses he was wearing at night, and the ridiculous fedora that made him look like a dork. But, he was still undeniably Luke.

"Oh God, I'm sorry. I didn't know it was you," I told him, removing a stray strand of hair from my face. Luke then hugged me really tight, which made me awkward and comfortable at the same time.

"Tiana, God. Where have you been?! I've- Kenzie, she's been looking everywhere for you!" he asks, firing one question after another.

"Whoa, what are you? My mother?" I hiss, more harshly than I intended.

He cups my face in his hand, and examines my face closely. Please don't notice my eyes are swollen. Please don't notice my eyes are swollen. Please don't notice my eyes are s-

"Hey, why are your eyes swollen?"

I try to remove his hand, but he has such a strong grip on my jaw that it almost hurts. "And where is Michael? Is that why you've been crying? Because of him?"

"Shut up for one goddamned second, Luke!" I tell him, as I swiftly jerk so his hand is off my jaw. "No, Michael and I don't have a problem. He's just back in the hotel room! And I'm allergic to the weather!"

I brisk-walk until I can get to the front door of my apartment building. And I try not to look back when he screams, "I don't believe you!"

As I go up the elevator, as my mind starts to convince me that I still love Michael, I'm beginning to not believe in myself anymore too.