Chapter 6

Though I found the 5 Seconds of Summer bit of the concert quite enjoyable, well I still had to bear with nearly two hours of all this bubblegum pop trash and the screaming of the 20,000 teenage girls packed here in the Honda Center.

Every single time that Harry flipped his hair, or Louis came a bit closer to the end of the stage, people would erupt in cheers and I'd just have to remind myself that if that were me in the front row and I came just about two meters away from Alex Gaskarth's face, I'd totally react the same way.

I counted away the minutes, until they became hours, and finally the One Direction boys had bowed. Taking that as a proper cue, Kenzie grasped my arm and said, "You have your backstage pass with you?"

I take out the nearly crumpled piece of paper out of my hoodie's pocket, and nod. God, this didn't feel like a Friday at all. I was supposed to be in bed with a bowl of nachos and vegemite, while watching re-runs of All That on Nickelodeon.

Well, at least I'd be able to see 5 Seconds of Summer. They're extremely talented, and let's just say... yeah, they're all really, really cute. I find myself smiling, almost just as excited as Kenzie to make it backstage.

-•-•-•-•-

The moment we arrive backstage, we're one of the first ten who get there, which we find pleasing. I scanned the area to see if the four from the opening act, and there they were, on plastic chairs, drinking water bottles. I pitied them, because most of the fans only wanted pictures with One Direction. But, anyway...

"So, are we taking a picture with 5SOS too?" Kenzie asked. Finally, a shortcut for calling that band. 5 Seconds of Summer sure is a mouthful, damn it.

"Yes!" I say, too enthusiastically.

Kenzie notices it too, and her mouth spreads into this gawky, weird-looking grin. "Oh my God, Tiana! You actually like another band!"

I can't help but smile back myself. "Well, their songs are really cool. Finally, a mainstream band of my type!"

"Don't you think the blonde guy and the one with the galaxy hair look fit? They're the ones I saw during the tour. Wow, I didn't even get their names, but I got the tickets the moment I saw it!" Kenzie pointed out.

Yes, the blonde one was fit. And not just that, he was awfully adorable. The one with the curly locks whispered something from his chair to Blondie, and he erupts in what seems to be the cutest laugh in the world. Almost reminds me of...

Oh, shut up Tiana! Give yourself a break, I almost want to shout at myself. Get over him! You're in a concert on the other side of the globe, as far away from him as possible. You have to stop thinking about it!

And finally, after what seemed to be so long that I chewed my poor fingernails into nubs (real bad habit of mine), we were able to take our picture with One Direction! Wow, they were so tall. And they smelled incredible! I didn't know if it was obvious, but I kept on creeping closer and closer to Zayn just to get a whiff of him. Wow!

"Hi!" Harry cheerfully greets. I can't help but smile back, and give him a wave. I've always hated their music, but I didn't know I'd feel so starstruck when I'd see them face to face.

Kenzie gushes and gives him a bear hug, while tears are trickling down her face. "Oh my God, I never thought this would happen!" she says in between tears. Niall nuzzles her in his world-famous Horan hug, making her burst into tears so hard like on the day our parents died.

"So, where's your phone so we can have our picture?" Liam asks, a smile like sunshine spreading across his face. Kenzie rummages through her backpack, and fishes out her iPhone 4, which she hands over to Zayn.

"No, no! I want a picture with all of you!" she protests, while Zayn volunteers to just take a picture of the two of us with 4/5 of One Direction. He thinks of a quick idea, and yells: "Hey, Luke! Mind taking this picture for us?"

Upon hearing the name Luke, my natural instinct is to look for that person, and identify if that could be him. Oh God, it's the blond lead singer from 5SOS! Luke, that's his name!

Holy shit.

Everything is starting to flood back.

How could I have been such a complete and total idiot?!

Fact #1: Kenzie said that when she met the "blond-haired boy and the one with galaxy hair" on their tour around town, they had AUSTRALIAN ACCENTS.

Fact #2: The reason why I remember the bassist with the black hair... is because he's Calum! Luke's freaking best friend! And the one with the galaxy hair MUST BE MICHAEL.

Fact #3: My Luke from Australia plays the guitar and sings extremely well.

Fact #4: This Luke plays the guitar and sings like an angel, has the same blond hair, the same awkward personality, the same smile, the same laugh, the same dimples, THE SAME FUCKING EVERYTHING.

How could I have been so blind?

My Luke Hemmings is standing right in front of me.

-•-•-•-•-

Hello, guys! :) I know it's extremely short, but I wanted to make it a cliffhanger, haha. I hope people are still reading this. I just want to experience making my first complete fanfic! :)

Please spread the word about this if you like it, so my efforts won't go to waste. Vote, Comment, Share xx

Love you like a love song,

AussieFreaks