Chapter 12

*Tiana's POV*

OH.

MY.

FUCKING.

GOD.

I HAVE A DATE.

WITH MICHAEL CLIFFORD.

OH MY GOD.

WHAT THE HELL DID I JUST AGREE TO?

OH MY GOD, WHAT THE HELL WAS I DOING?

After Luke deliberately ran out of the door when I agreed to have a date with Michael, I excused myself to go to the little stall known as their "bathroom". It had a toilet and a mirror in front, so I just decided to sit on their toilet and make do with my whole situation.

I grabbed my phone from my sweater pocket, and called up Kenzie, who was on speed dial. After two rings, my frantic and overreacting older sister replied.

"OH MY GOD, TATIANA. WHY DID YOU CALL, IS THERE SOMETHING WRONG? DO YOU WANT ME TO FETCH YOU? DID THAT HEMMINGS BOY HURT YOU, I SWEAR TO GOD I WILL B-" she started babbling in this really angry tone.

"Holy shit, calm your tits, Kenzie! There's nothing that horrible going on!" I tell her. Aww, Goddamn it, I miss her so much already. Being stuck in a tour bus with four guys for six months will be hard: there's no one to gush over about crushes, and no one will get how cranky I am when I'm on my period.

"That horrible? So what horrible things have you managed to do in less than two hours, Tiana?" she asked. I can hear the Spongebob theme song in the background, AWW I SERIOUSLY WANT TO CRY.

"Well, you see, the boys and I were playing 20 Questions... and Michael, the one with galaxy hair... his fourth question was if he could go out with me later!" I hissed as softly as possible. I hoped she could still understand what I was saying.

"NO. FUCKING. WAY. Tatiana Deverae Knowles, what the hell did you tell him?!" she asked, exasperatedly.

"Weeeeeell, I said yes!" I said, nearly squealing loud enough for them to hear in the other room. On the other end, I heard Kenzie screaming like a dying elephant. I hoped that was a good thing. "Why are you screaming?! Is that bad?"

"OF COURSE NOT! Oh my God, Tiana. This is finally your chance!" she yells into my ear. Ouch.

"My chance for what?" I ask.

"Your chance to be happy." she says ever so gently. I repeat those five words over and over in my head: yes, EXACTLY. My six months on this bus do not have to be totally and utterly miserable! Michael Clifford could be my chance to be happy. If everything worked out fine, and I'd be able to keep up with the cliché that is this whole dating-Luke-Hemmings thing... I might actually leave this bus a happier person.

"Hello? Hellooooo, earth to Tiana? You've spaced out on me again, you turd!" Kenzie screams into the receiver, which slightly deafens me.

"Yeah, yeah! Sorry! I can hear you, stop screaming!" I said whilst chuckling.

"Did you hear what I just asked you? I asked if this Michael looks like a nice guy." she asked. I could hear the smile in her voice, and I was glad she was happy for me.

I thought for a moment. "Well, he's definitely sweet. And he's an absolute flirt, but I find that really cute." I reply. Ew, why can't I get this smile off my fucking face?

"Ooooh, Tiana finally likes another boy! I'm so proud of you, bitch!" she says. I don't know if I should say thank you to that, but she continues, "But, remember. You're quote-unquote dating Luke for six months. You gotta keep your shit together: if you're dating Michael too, you gotta keep this your dirty little secret, okay?"