Chapter 22

*Tiana's POV*

This is it.

The bus is slowing to a stop in front of the building I had called my home for the past two years, and every bone in my body is buzzing with excitement.

I'm the only one peering out the window, already in my complete outfit as my feet fidget rapidly. I can't wait to come back home after a fun yet exhausting stay here, and take a break from all of it.

"Are you ready?" Michael's voice asks from behind me, his arm twisting around my waist in a tight grip. I turn around and reply, "Ready as I'll ever be."

I make him wait for a second, as I head over to my bunk, and grab my backpack. I double check to see if I've left anything, and I sling my arm around Michael and walk over to the bus door...only to be stopped by Luke, who's been waiting for quite a while.

"What's he doing here?" Michael hisses in disgust. He looks like he wants to punch Luke square in the face, so I press my hand to his chest to stop him.

"Well, Bob did say that as your 'boyfriend', I should be the one to accompany you to your apartment," Luke says, holding back the harshness of his voice. "Plus, if the paps caught pictures of the others with you, that'd be awfully suspicious."

My face falls a bit, but I just nod. "I'll leave you two alone for quite a while," he spits out as he pushes the bus door open.

I turn to Michael, whose face is twisted in a snarl, and he says, "Well, this is not turning out as planned."

"I'm sorry we have to do this," I whisper to him, my head leaning on his shoulder. "You know I'd rather walk home with you, right?"

"Hm, yeah," Michael admits, his voice back to normal. "Well, I can't have you today. But you'll be all mine by tomorrow, okay?"

I can't help but smile at the thought of that, and I kiss him like it's the last time. His lips and mine were in sync, as my arms were clasped around his neck and his were around my waist. I pulled him closer to me until there was no more space between us...like it was just the two of us alive, no one else.

"Bye," I whisper.

"Bye," he whispers back, and I go down the three steps of stairs, and find myself surprised as I take Luke's hand in mine, both of our lips pursed together.

My sneakers come in contact with the floor as I jump down, and I stare up at our twenty-storey apartment building and the bright blue sky that accompanies it. I immediately feel at home.

A smile can't stop spreading from my face, as I take step after step after step towards our apartment. I'm smiling as I push the button of the elevator, I'm smiling as I greet the annoying Mexican bellboy who always smells like spoiled salsa, I'm smiling as the door opens to reveal the sixteenth floor...just a few steps away from my home.

Luke and I walk, our feet pacing in sync, until we arrive directly in front of my unit. I glance at the clock: two in the afternoon. There is a 110% chance that Kenzie's taking her daily beauty sleep in her room, so I'm in the clear. "So, here we are," he says, making ridiculous jazz hands like he's in Broadway.

"Yeah," I say, removing a stray lock of hair from my face. "Thanks for accompanying me up here. We're lucky the paps didn't see us."

"I know," Luke replied. "You might have had to kiss me again."

"Ridiculous," I mutter to myself, shaking away the thought.

"What's ridiculous? The thought of you kissing me?" It's either my imagination, or Luke looks hurt. "That's not very ridiculous. For me, ar least."