Chapter 24

*Tiana's POV*

In four hours time, we sped past all the rides in Disneyland, thanks to Kenzie frequently putting us on the priority lane.

I've been on Space, Splash and Big Thunder Mountain, as well as the spinning teacups, Astro Blasters, Dumbo, Peter Pan and so much more. And it's weird how I've gone on all those with Luke, haha. I don't know...it was still fun.

Now, we're here in California Adventure, just a few steps (or in our case, a ride) away from Disneyland. How convenient.

"Come oooon, I'm tired!" I say. Well, not really. I just want to finish my churros without walking. "Why did we have to go here? We've been to Disneyland!"

Michael sneaks up beside me, and whispers, "Well, this is where all the fun is going to start." It sends shivers down my spine, and I suddenly become excited.

Luke still gives him a death stare, which makes me wonder when they're going to start noticing each other again.

Why was he willing to risk his friendship with Michael for me? Because he *cringes* loved me? (Ew.) I pushed the thoughts away, and caught up to the others, who were looking at...

A ferris wheel.

A body of water separated us from it, but I still saw the bright colors radiating from all of its spokes. The cheerful face of Mickey Mouse in the center was somewhat coaxing me to ride on it.

"Whoa," I say.

"You wanna ride it?" Michael asks, slinging his ride over my shoulder.

"I wish I could. With you," I tell him, turning my head to the side to meet his eyes. He playfully kisses my forehead, and I try to swat him away just in case anybody sees.

"Well, wish granted!" Calum says, suddenly out of nowhere, waving his hands like a fairy godmother. He hurtles towards Luke and grabs his arm. "I'll go with him."

"Calum, you know I can't," I tell him. Seriously, I still do love Michael. Even if my feelings are so fucked up that I'm feeling butterflies in my stomach when I just look at Luke, I still love Michael. (hashtag slutty confessions)

"Don't worry! This is what Michael's been planning." he said, with a cheeky grin on his face. Michael gives me a wink, while I happily interlace my arm in his as we skip over to the priority line of the ferris wheel. Luke has a sour look on his face, but for the first time, I don't actually care.

We skip over to the priority lane, and in less than five minutes, Calum and Luke are already inside their own carriage, being hoisted into the air. Calum waves us both goodbye, while Luke is staring out into space like the antisocial teenager he is.

"So, this is what you've been planning, you weirdo? Riding the ferris wheel with me for once?" I ask him, pinching his cheek.

His cheeks redden, and he slings his arm around my shoulder. I don't really try to push him away now, and once a new carriage arrives in front of us, we both hop in.

We position ourselves, and the carriage slowly shakes before rising into the air. The feeling of being on a ferris wheel is exhilarating: although I know that we're not going in any different direction, it's still thrilling.

I let out a nervous laugh, and so does Michael, who doesn't look used to it, as he feels for my hand and squeezes it.

The sound of the wind rushes in my ears, and I try to yawn to stop the air pressure from building.

"Hey!" Michael shouts over the screams of the other terrified riders.

"What?" I ask in the same tone, mid-laugh.

"Will you be my girlfriend?!" he asks, which makes me stop in my tracks and freeze.

"Hellooo?" he says, pulling me closer to him by the collar of my jacket. My face goes hot all over, and I don't know if I'm happy or sad or weirded out by all this.

"Will you be my girlfriend, Tatiana Deverae Knowles?" he asks me firmly, one last time, as our carriage stops directly at the very top, as I see the whole California right before my eyes.

Millions of thoughts start rushing past my mind. What about Luke? What about the deal, the fake dates? But, what about Michael? What about my chance to just move on and get my shit together? What about being happy?

"Yes." It comes out as a whisper first, and he's about to ask, "What?", but I just pull him even closer to me and kiss him. I feel his soft lips on mine, and his hands slithering around my waist, pulling me closer until there is no more space between us. It's short and simple, but it's the most meaningful one we had. Our first as an official couple.

"Get a room, ya blokes!" I hear Calum's teasing voice. I see him from the carriage directly to our left, as I pull away.

Michael wraps his hand around mine and raises it in the air, like a fistpump. "She's finally my girlfriend!" he says, loud enough for them to hear.

As much as I want to meet Michael's eyes, I can't stop staring at the pained expression on Luke's face.

I wonder what he's thinking of now.

*Luke's POV*

It's official.

Michael and Tiana are officially a couple.

I have absolutely no words.

I try to shield my face from Calum, Michael and Tiana as the ferris wheel starts moving slowly again. I feel tears streaming down my cheeks, and the remaining shards of my heart shattering.

I'm so close to giving up, believe me.

I mean, I had this feeling in my heart that I could win her back. I had this spark of hope in me that I could make her love me like before.

I guess I was just too late.

-•-•-•-•-

OKAY, THERE YOU HAVE IT!

To all the members of Team Luke, I'm sorry. :( I can't give any spoilers or anything, but as of now, I'm sorry for doing this. :(

And for the Team Michael dudes, HELL YEAH THIS ONE WAS FOR Y'ALL! :)

And to clear things up, Tiana might as well be a slut HAHA. I mean, when she's with Luke, she feels that she still loves him. She doesn't want to, but there are times. Which is why she also likes Michael, because she thinks that liking him will make her stop liking Luke.

Like, haven't you experienced that? Liking someone as a rebound? :( But, for all the suspicious Team Michael guys, you'll see him and Tiana develop in the next few chapters.

Are you guys still confused?
If you are, I'll be happy to answer any questions you leave in the comments.
Thanks for putting up with me, my crappy storyline and long Author's Notes!
Love ya forever! x
- AussieFreaks