Chapter 28

*Tiana's POV*

@tianaxknowles: leaving any time soon for australia! :) so pumped ahhh

"Do you need anything else, Ma'am?" the friendly stewardess asked me, as a nervous smile played across her face.

"Nothing anymore, thank you so much." I replied, mainly to shoo her away. My whole body was filled with nothing but nerves as I sat in my own room onboard 5SOS' private jet. It was nothing fancy, really: just a foldable bed, a table and a window that made me feel awfully claustrophobic. But at least, I had a space to myself and that was all I really needed at the moment.

I had undressed quickly from my highly uncomfortable outfit of a leather jacket, hideous parka and winter boots, until I was left it only a tank top and my American Apparel underwear. I plopped down on the bed, and let my head rest in my hands to assess my situation. I would be staying in Luke's place for the whole time we'll be in Australia, while Michael and I are trying to work our relationship out even if I have this eerie feeling that he's going to slap me any minute. God, my life was so messed up. I think I needed a cup of coffee.

I pressed a convenient button on the remote on my table, that looked like its purpose was for me to talk to any available stewardess. My words came out hesitantly: "I need a cup of coffee, anyone please?"

A few minutes passed when three knocks came on my door. "Come in," I say quite weakly, my hands on my hips as I stand up.

I expected a flight attendant with a cup of coffee to come dashing into my doorway, but then I heard the familiar deep voice I had fallen for and a wave of panic easily came over me.

"Hey, Tiana. I was just- HOLY SHIT, OH MY GOD I DID NOT, I..." I saw his mouth form into an 'o' shape, before he started flailing his arms around to shield his eyes, leaving splashes of coffee on my bedroom rug.

"OH MY GOD, WHY THE FUCK DID YOU COME IN? I THOUGHT YOU WERE A STEWARDESS!" I shout back, as I grab the coffee cup once his head is turned away.

"UH UHM I'M SORRY? GO PUT SOMETHING ON, MY GOD!" I easily oblige and grab the nearest pair of bottoms I see, awfully mainstream ombre shorts, and pull them on. Once I was done, I tried putting my shit together and shouted with as much willpower as I could, "Okay, you can look now!"

I blushed profusely, as I sat back down my bed with him next to me, the air filled with nothing by awkward silence. A few minutes pass and just when I'm about to ask him why the hell he came in my room, he starts humming.

Yes, humming. That humming slowly finds words to fit into the melody he's made, and I can make out most of the words he's seemingly murmuring to himself.

"She looks so perfect standing there in my American Apparel underwear, and I know now...that I'm so down," he sings in his pitch perfect voice that sends chills down my spine. I feel my face heating up in an instant, but I try to shield it in embarassment.

"Is that how you get through the day? Making songs out of all the girls in underwear that you see?" I say, without assessing the words first.

"Nah. None of them were perfect enough for me to make a song for them," he said with a wink, which made me get the pillow on my bed and throw it at him with incredible force.

"Okay. Now quit with the sweet talk, why did you come here?" I snap.

"Well, I came to bring your coffee and ask something as well. Why did you decide to stay with me for the holidays? Is there something wrong between you and Michael?" he asks, his eyes wide with concern.

As much as I feel I need to share it, I can't tell it because I might start falling back in love with him little by little. And the same might happen for him.

"Of course not. Like, if we're supposed to be 'dating'," I lie, making air quotes with my fingers. "I better stay at your house. Plus, I'd love to see Liz again."

He tries to restrain his smile, but ends up beaming like an idiot. "Oh, okay."

I can't find any other words to say, so I am thankful when a stewardess politely barges in the middle of our awkward conversation. "Sir, please go back to your room and strap in. We're departing for Sydney in any minute."

-•-•-•-•-

It's just the second time I've been able to ride an airplane, so it was still pretty normal for me to feel exhilarated while the plane was rising and rising, until it was finally in bird's view and into the clouds. I keenly looked out the window, and it was only then when I was able to appreciate the genuine blueness of the sky, and how the clouds resembled cotton candy puffs that reminded me of happier times.

I had missed to see so many things during my first time onboard. Well, duh. About 99.9% of that flight was spent crying. (The other 0.1% was spent pushing away the disgusting airplane food from my plate.)

Minutes passed, and I eventually got tired of that repetitive sight of clouds. I decided to go out and check out how the other boys have been going, trying to avoid any untoward incidents.

Unluckily, the first thing I saw when I opened my door was Michael, who looked like he was just about to knock. "Hey," he stutters. I give him a polite nod, and keep the door nearly shut, as if to signal that I wasn't really welcoming visitors.

"Could I talk to you about something real quick?" he asks, rubbing his palms together.

"Go," I reply.

"You're really not letting me into your room?" he asks, as if it's the most absurd thing in the world.

I don't really plan on answering to that, but before I could even respond, he enters and quickly shuts the door behind him. "Listen for just one second, okay? I've noticed that you've been keeping your distance lately. Is this still because of what I did in the country club? Or that time I went in your apartment?"

He cuts me off before I could speak. "For whatever reason, I just wanted to say I'm sorry. You haven't officially broken it off, so it must mean that you're still willing to give me a chance. You're willing to see me change, right?"

I dismiss what he says harshly. "Why are you only telling me all this now?" I ask with a lump in my throat. "Is it because I'm staying with Luke for the whole vacation?"

He seems to be guilty as charged, as he tries to defend his point. "I just don't want to lose you. I know that I'm one pretty shitty boyfriend, and I'm afraid that you'll lose your feelings for me...and they'll probably return to Luke."

"I just don't know if you love me." I say, a bit shyly.

"That's because you haven't given me a chance. Ever since the incident, you haven't really spoken to me. You never want to be alone with me, you never want to hang out or grab coffee anymore. You've been spending more dates with your fake boyfriend, than your real one. I'm not even sure if the happiness you show on your pictures with Luke is even posed anymore. I still love you, Tiana. You have no idea how much: you just need to give me a chance to prove it." he replies.

"Don't I have any reason not to want to be alone with you anymore?" I snap. "I always have this feeling that you'll either lash out on me, or slap me square on the face. I mean, I'm so close to breaking it off with you. There's just something that's keeping me from doing it."

"Which is why I want to prove something to you. Fine, go stay at Luke's. Have all the fake dates you want, but by the 25th, could you please just drop by my house? I'll show you a good time, and if I wasn't able to prove anything to you...you can do anything you want."

And because I do have a fetish for making stupid decisions, I tell Michael, "I'll come by on Christmas, and if you screw up, I'm leaving."

-•-•-•-•-

Hi, guys! I'm sorry for the boring filler update :( I have a feeling I'm losing the essence of the story and all that crap, but I really want to finish this book so I don't want to delete it hehe :)

Sorry for being off for quite a while, my editor was on vacation and I couldn't contact her while she was gone eh :( But, I'm back and THANKS FOR ALMOST 5K READS HAHA I know it's just a small number, but it's been my goal so thanks :)

Vote. Comment. Share.

Love ya to deaaaath!

- AussieFreaks x