Chapter 8

*Tiana's POV*

The first thing I did when I got home was take a long bath.

That's what I always do when I have problems, or whenever I feel deep in thought. I remembered Mum used to do that every time she'd be given deadlines by her boss, or when she and Dad fought almost every day.

I toss the bubbles around my hands, and take in the soothing scent of lavender. And before I can bring myself to rinse, I start to cry. Not the depressed, dying hyena kind of cry. But just the confused and nervous kind.

Of all the places in the world, why would I find Luke Hemmings here? And why was I even destined to meet him again, after he friendzoned me and threw my heart across the other side of the ocean? And to think, he was even the member I found the cutest when I still couldn't see his face!

I feel my eyes sting, and I try to wipe it with a towel. I begin to wonder what happened to Alicia, and what happened to the three of them when I left. Did Luke become as affected as I was during those times, or did life go back to normal that afternoon anyway?

Oh wait, I knew the answer to that last question.

Surprisingly, it's a no.

*FLASHBACK*

It was around six in the evening, and I was already done packing three out of the five bags that would hold everything I've ever owned. I started cleaning up my study table, taking down my calendar and putting down my band posters, when I suddenly heard someone shouting from outside.

And I knew exactly who it was, sadly.

"TIANA!" It was Luke. Yay? *sarcastic* A part of me was happy he came back, but a part was throbbing, begging me to just carry on and continue packing. He shouldn't be part of my business anymore, as I am not with his.

"TIANA, PLEASE COME OUT OF THERE!" he was shouting. I saw him a little bit from the view of my bedroom window, but I still refused to respond. "LET ME EXPLAIN, OKAY? IF YOU JUST TALK TO ME, I'LL TELL YOU THE TRUTH!"

What the fuck was the truth?

Oh yeah, I sort of assumed that he loved me just as much as I loved him, and that he would see past all of my imperfections and love me just the way I was: pimples and all. Well, sorry. He went for the bimbo white girl, nothing I could do about that.

Suddenly, I heard the voice of a girl chime in, cutting off Luke's scandalous shouting. "Luke, for God's sake, what the hell are you doing here?!" It was Kenzie, praise the Lord! I tiptoe near the front door, so I can hear more of their conversation.

"K-kenzie, hi. I was just wondering if I could talk to Tiana for a minute?" I hear him ask.

"I'm sorry, but after you crush my sister's heart, I don't think you even have the right to show up, Hemmings." Kenzie replies coldly. "We're leaving first thing in the morning, and Tiana and I are busy packing. If we have you shouting outside our house, we won't get half our job finished and we may have to call the police for causing a public scandal."

Then, I hear something I never thought I would hear before. Luke's voice cracking with tears. "Kenzie, please know I am sorry, okay? I love Tiana more than anything, and I know I've been a complete asshole because I never really did show it to her. That day I saw her in makeup, that was the day I knew that what I felt was real, okay?! And I-"

"Okay, now you're just talking bullshit, Luke. I'm gonna count to three, and if you don't get your dirty ass off my front lawn, I'm going to get my rifle and shoot you down, you hear me?" I hear Kenzie scream in his face. I can't help but put a hand to my mouth: what the hell did he just say? Did my ears just betray me, or did he say he loved me?