Chapter 8: Dying for answers.

Carlisle POV

Sierra, that name was the last thing i remembered before I joined the Volturi. It's impossible to even slow the process of the vemon to spread over the body. Then Alice came in with an alarming expression plastered on her.

"Carlisle! They retreated their actions. They were waiting for something to happen, I could'nt see them that clearly. What's going on? Who is this Sierra?"

"Be calm Alice. Sierra is Seth's imprint. We never thought she could become a vampire. To top it, she was the child of Fertoire." Alice's eyes widened as I spoke the name out loud.

Every vampire would know who the Fertoire was. They were the first coven to rule our world. Unfortunately, they disappeared and the throne was taken by the Volturi. Something was weird. I somehow knew the family is not complete. It was so long ago, I could hardly remember their members.

Her mom was Riele Fertoire while her father was Olvier Fertoire. Some said they died, but it was impossible that anyone could overpower them. Riele had the power of teleportation. Olvier had the power to adjust the time which was the rarest gift any vampire could hold. Both of them were highly respected, they don't even feed on humans as their diet, but instead following our type of diet. With kindness and all the other great traits, not only the vampires adore them, even the humans too. With the combination of their powers, they protected their child. Sierra.

"Get the whole family to the living room. We need to help Sierra."

As all of them gathered in the living room, all an inch away from each other listened to Carlisle cautiously.

"Seth doesn't want anyone to know about this but apparently he can't do this on his own. All of you know Sierra. She was Fertoire's child. "

Different pitch of gasp surrounded us. As Esme looked into my eyes. She knew it was risky to help the danger but she was still just a child.

"Sierra had her venom to be spread so slowly. Once her venom spreads completely, she is not goig to be older than the Volturi but instead, she would have to start from square one. Being a newborn. We have to help her as if she was in the wrong hands, who knows what she could do when her family carry great powers."

"But, it's impossible. vampires can't give birth!" Rosalie rose her voice as she looked at me disapprovingly.

"Honey, anything could happen in the Fertoire and the fact that only we know about this, we have already endangered our lives to protect her secret." Esme replied in my stand.

"Seth. He didn't take it easy didn't he?" Alice asked as she looked at Jasper.

"He is on his way to Sierra. I'll phone Seth to being her here. It's time she knows about herself." I got up from the white sofa as I head to my office. The click of the buttons sounded even louder.

Her powers. What would she bring into this world.

Seth's POV

"Sierra, what happened? I heard you were thinking about a man."

"I-it's nothing. Seth, please hurry here." her voice trembled as I put more pressure on the Earth.

"Almost there."

When I was near the forest that was beside her room, I could smell that awful smell. That disgusting vampire smell Jake refered as bloodsuckers. But I was sure it wasn't Sierra's. hers were still weak. Who was there just a moment ago?

I ran up to her room as I saw her shivering by the bed holding her knees tightly.

"Sierra, what's wrong??"

She tried to look up, not wanting to look into my eyes until she saw my tattoo. She gripped me tightly as I pulled her into a hug.

"Shh, its okay. I'm here... " I cradled her until she fell asleep. I gently carried her bridal style onto her bed. I figured it be safe to stay with her for the night.

My phone rang as I went outside to answer.

"Hello? Carlisle? Did you manage to get any information?"

"Seth, I need you to bring Sierra to us. She may need to regain her memory that we think she has forgotten."

"I found her fearing for her life and there was this new vampire scent in the forest and some still lingering in the room. I think its one of the vampires that are after her."

Sierra's POV

I needed to get the truth out of them. I pretended to sleep in my bed as Seth tucked me in gently. He kissed me on the forehead before he answered his phone call.

"Carlisle? She's asleep right now. There was a different scent lingering near her room. Different and smells much more worst than any of those I've ever met. I'm afraid we'll have to postpone it to tomorrow morning. She needs all the rest she can to go through the truth."

"Alright then, Stay with her. We'll go there and figure out who's scent it was."

"Hurry, it won't last long." his thumb placed more pressure on the end call button.

He sighed as he looked forward for a minute. Carlisle? Scent? What was all this about? TRUTH? I need to know but I have to endure myself to get some rest. What Seth said could be true after all. I may need all the rest I need to know the truth.

I was calmed by Seth pulling the blanket over my shoulders as he planted another kiss on my cheek.

Tomorrow. I'll need to brace myself.