Chapter 14: Even Worst

A/N: whoa.. Thank you so much readers!! I am forever grateful to all of you!! *HUGS* I hope you would continue to support me and read my stories!! :D New year is tomorrowww!... HEHE!! ;)

Seth's POV

It was really freaky and helpless to see her doing her regular things but it was just like her body moving. Not synchronising with her soul. All of us understood that we had to give her time but it was too long. I had to do something, but i just can't figure it out. She just lost her entire family. Walter doesn't even regard her as family anymore. Every time she called, he would always be busy studying for his work. She looked depressed each and every second. I missed the Sierra I know but I can't be selfish. I understand how it's like to lose someone. All the images of my father's death came flashing back. Everyone was worried about her. But if the worried level could be ranked, I would be on the top list.

"Seth?" Her soulless voice shook me at my thought.

"Yeah?" I turned to face my beautiful girl.

"I'm going to hunt outside. I'll see you later."

"Do you need me to come along with ya?"

"No, it's okay. You'll get sick if you do." she managed a little laughter and sarcastically as she dashed out.

It has been 2 months since she was a newborn. I think we've settled into the new environment already. There was no Volturi news either. They've been strangely quiet after Sierra moved in with us. Something was fishy.

Alec's POV

Hearing my shoes slam the floor as I walked into the hall was quite peaceful. It was strangely quiet. As I walked nearer to the doors, a picked up a different, unfamiliar scent. As soon as I opened the doors with my two pale hands, that unfamiliar scent overwhelmed me. He stared at me with vicious crimson eyes that I thought I've already gotten used to look into. The chestnut hair was swept to his right as he plastered a smirk to me.

I bowed as I went to Jane who was wearing a little worried face.

"Ah. Alec, You're back... So, how is she doing now?" he intertwined his fingers as he walked towards me. He offered his hand as he closed his concrete-like eyelids.

"Ah... It seems that she knows about us and herself, got the Cullens and the 'pets' involved too. Oh what a surprise, seems that one of the 'pets' imprinted on our dear relative. Such a waste..." He let loose of my hand as he looked at me, smiling the creepiest smile any human would see.

"Do you still wish to get her to join us? She might be useful. Why don't we go and get her nicely first." I asked as I felt a great plan forming up in my head.

"Why, no need for that, I've already sent the new member to get her for us. I'm sorry for not introducing him earlier to all of you. He is my son. Lincoln. Currently, he has the power to go through any places so i guess it may be faster for him to get her instead of you two. Make him your apprentice, Alec. I'm sure he'll love working with the both of you." He smiled as he went to seat back on his chair.

Jane and I exchange glances. We're twins, of course we feel the same way. It just doesn't feel right. This doesn't look good. Even if we don't give mercy to anyone, Sierra was still our relative. She was our aunt ot be exact. It's terrifying enough to lose our actual parents but we can't afford to lose an actual relative either. The consequences are huge. We have to risk our lives even if it meant fighting with the Volturi.

"Jane, let's go."

"What? You're not thinking of going against them now do you? We're a Volturi, ALEC! We don't have any feelings for anything! EVEN HER."

"NO! I will not lose another relative. Jane, haven't you realize who she is by now??"

She gave me a confused look as she locked her eyes on mine.

"Don't tell me, she was one of the Fertoire? Aro's brother?? B-but that's impossible. They've been dead long ago. And vampires can't conceive!" she literally yelled as I placed one of my slim finger onto her lips.

"SHH! We're dead if they know we know about her. So are you still going to fight with her or fight them?"

"I-I don't know Alec, we hardly even know her."

"She is someone we know Jane. Someone who used to play with us when we were young. But we didn't know she was a vampire because her parents made the venom spread slowly that it was possible for her to be a normal human being until now.'

"I won't fight them. Alec, they've changed us, raised us up together. They're our family now."

"I won't be staying here if that's your choice."

"WHY are you fighting over her?? She is just merely another vampire-"

"That I care. In fact the only one I care currently." I growled slightly at her. Her eyes stretched as far as it could, showing her crimson eyes that was just as surprised on what I said to her.

"Fine." she returned to her normal self as she walked away, joining back the Volturi.

I need to get to Sierra as fast as I could. I can't think of any other way.

Concentrate Alec.

Sierra, Sierra! Are you there, please reply if you do. I need you to.

Who are you?

I'm Alec. Remember? Listen, I'm not a part of the Voturi, I've decided to protect you. Sierra I'll explain when I reach there. Please trust me.

Fine. You betray my trust once, I'll never trust you again.

Thank you. I'll be there, in 1 hour tops.

Then silent overwhelmed me. What am I doing? Why am I fighting for her protection instead of being beside the Volturi? I thought as I went past the forest.

Sierra. What's this string. I feel pulled to you. But, what have I done. We were the ones that caused you to be like this... I'm sorry...