Chapter 25: Something's Amiss

A/N: hey guys! I am super sorry, really. I'll really might have to hold this story due to preparations of exam. But if I have the time I'll try and upload it as much as I can! And also minimise the errors! Thank you for reading till here! I really appreciate it!:) hope you'll enjoy this chapter!:)

Sierra's POV

The sky was clear, there was nothing else other than the pure white crescent. I was standing by the trees as I thought carefully. Suddenly, a black figure dashed pass me. I was not able to get the familiar scent. It was most definitely someone I do not know. I could feel my eyeballs moving all over, possibly a 360 degree.

"Hello, Miss Sierra..... Or should I say miss Fertoire?" a low deep voice followed by a sinister laugh.

I could feel the tension on my chest even though there is no heartbeat. The wind tried to sooth me down but then again, the black flash pass me again.

"Who are you? What do you want from me? " I tried to control my voice. I know I could easily order him to listen to me, but my guts just told me not to reveal my powers to this stranger. Instead, I focused on my tone of voice. I could try to communicate with anyone by my mind.

"Uh-uh Sierra. I wouldn't call anyone right now. You don't want to see your little friends getting hurt right?"

I stood still, not even moving my widened eyes. How did he knew when I didn't even say anything out loud.

"Simple, I can read minds. I can communicate just like you." he said as he continued to stay hidden from me. I had no choice, I need to see the face of this person. It felt as if curiosity was chewing on me. I closed my eyes and concentrated, listening to every sound I heard. Strangely, I could see where I was, where he was and all the Cullens' voices bickering about me.

"Where is she? Isn't she suppose to come back by now?" Edward's voice was frantic. I tried to hold in the smile on my face as I looked at where the stranger was. He was going to make a swift move and grab onto me. Just in time, I dodge his hand as it pierce through the rough, uneven bark. He was fast. He managed to escape the grip I had on him and now the both of us were trying to get a grip on each other. Help.

Alec's POV

Everyone in the house acted as if there was no one was missing. I could not shrug off the uneasiness feeling I had. She was somewhere out there, I could feel something was amiss. Something was always amiss when Sierra is not in front of my eyes. I remembered how to use the power mother had taught me when we were young. It enables us to see our point of views. But it was only for Sierra and I.

Without hesitating, I closed my eyes and focused closely on her. There was a dark figure struggling to get out of her grip and the feeling of dried leaves scratching the surface of her ivory skin. I tried to get the view of the unknown figure. I could only see his thorn-like hair pointing in every directions. His body was tall, quite skinny just like Demetri. He was someone I've seem to have met before. That was when I was still with the Volturi, before Aro vanished. Then all the memories started flowing inside my throbbing head.

The images of when Aro met the second most powerful family, the Orienne. I remembered when we met their son, Pierre Orienne. He can communicate within his mind just like Sierra, but he had different controls on that. The first two was basic, which was to read and talk to others by mind. He could read all your memories. From the moment you were born, until now. That was one way that he knew about everything we now know. I need to get there. I grabbed my black coat when Alice suddenly appeared beside me.

"Where are you going?" I thought she was going to shriek and be excited about it, but her tone was secretive, as of he didn't want anyone to know she asked.

"You know where I am going. You can either make the situation bigger or just leave it to the two of us. I suggest all of you stay out of this. It only concerns the two of us." I told her sternly but she stopped me from going. Surprisingly, she managed a smile.

"Anything that concerns the both of you, concerns us. We're a family aren't we?" at that moment of time, I knew if I had a heart, it would have become soft to their way of thinking. 

"Really, Alice. It really think you know what will happen. Why don't you pretend you hadn't seen anything and don't worry much about us." I tried to manage a smile but I was really in a hurry to get to Sierra. 

I flew as swiftly as I could and was forced to stop when the familiar scents went through my nostrils. I really hope Sierra can control her most powerful gift. When I got closer, the both of them were struggling to get a grip on each other. Sierra did not manage to get control on him. He was now on top of Sierra, nailing her to the bed of dried leaves. I focused entirely on the colour of her eyes. It was not the usual topaz, but it was turning into a shade of blue. Once it fully turns into Aquamarine, it was the colour of control. No one can stop her once her eyes changed colour. I had to stop him even if it means I'll be discovered as one of the Fertoire. I could not afford to let her use her powerful gift now. It could make him plan something even more. Fortunately he does not posses such powers. 

I pushed him against an old tree as he almost pierce through it. Sierra got up immediately, her eyes slowly changing back to topaz. 

"Alec, what are you doing? You'll get discovered now the two of us are in danger. "

"I wouldn't be your twin if I let you face the danger yourself. You almost used it just now if I hadn't stopped you." I looked into her eyes when I heard rustles from where Pierre was thrown. He left, only leaving a thrashed tree behind.

When I turned around to see if she was okay, she quickly hugged me tightly as if I was going to leave her alone. 

"I know you were always there for me. Thanks Alec." She looked up, looking at me like an angel looking after us. 

"Yeah I know that." I winked at her.

"Now, let's get back, we've got a whole lot of explaining to do."

"Right. How come I'm always the one who started it?"

I hooked her by mr arm around her carefully arched neck and i shook her gently.

"Hmm, well, you are Sierra Fertoire. I am your twin, I will forever be right beside you, saving your ass."

"As if I need them." she  mumbled as I acted like I did not hear anything. 

"We'll see whose theory is true." I chuckled at her puting face, listening to the crispy sounds of the fallen leaves.