15 | Kurt

I'm very impatient.

After driving around to clear up my sinuses (allergy season's in and my histamines are pretty overworked), I finally park in a nice park and check my phone. Nothing from Wesley. Dammit, what's taking so long? When's he going to tell me what's happening? I knew I should have gotten his number instead of him taking mine...

I know I should be working. I still have to crack that high school girl drug case thingie, but ever since the Rylie Clover incident I feel too... ashamed... to go back to work. Of course the police force understands. Last time they checked in on me, I was doing perfectly fine. At least I think I was. Besides, ever since I so amazingly accomplished my Mission: Robin Wayne assignment, that was basically the highlight of my career, the policy force could never be disappointed in me. It was the greatest feat any officer would go into: go undercover into a suspicious girl's crazy life, pretend to love her to get close, pretend to befriend her friend's but really, I was sabotaging them. It was great, returning back to the office, with my chin held high and all the honorary comments I could ask for. So I didn't have to go back to work. I could do this... whatever this was...

I didn't even know why I was doing whatever I was doing. Robin Wayne was part of my past. So why bother to look back? I turned her in and got everything I had ever wanted. Why then, would I get someone to tell me how the recovery program at the Wayne Recovery Center was going?

I don't know. I'm weird. No, I'm not weird. I don't know...

Suddenly, I hear a loud crash. I look up and see a guy about my age stumbling over a garbage can. He's looking behind him as if he's being chased by someone. He seriously looks like he's wanted by the cops or something.

Wait. I'm a cop. Should I do something?

The guy suddenly notices me watching and runs over to my car, tapping on the window relentlessly. I hesitantly roll it down and he says:

"Hey, I gotta borrow your phone?"

"Who's chasing you?" I ask.

"What? Please, I need to make a call! It's an emergency!"

"I'll give you the phone if you tell me who's chasing you." I'm pretty good at negotiations. I'm even better when it's a girl, so I'm hoping this guy will fall for it.

He just frowns. "Seriously? What are you, like an undercover cop?"

"Let's pretend I am." Let me pretend to not look shocked as you have just uncovered one of my most precious secrets.

"Okay, fine. A girl named Rylie Clover is chasing me. Can I have your phone?"

My stomach churns at the sound of her name. the Rylie Clover? Why would she be chasing this guy? Maybe she stole his phone, like she did to mine (yeah I had to get a new one)?

"Rylie Clover?" I repeat, a shiver running down my spine.

He nods. "Yeah, you know her?"

"Let's pretend I do. Why is she chasing you?"

"Give me the phone first and I'll answer." Damn, this guy is good at negotiations as well. I guess he's in a pretty dire situation so I hand him the phone.

"I just need to call a friend," he tells me. "Give me a sec."

"Thomas!" a voice screams from afar. Both of our heads jerk and my whole world stops. It's her. The crazy blonde haired girl who humiliated me on the job. The Rylie Clover, with the pretty smile that I never dreamt of seeing again. And she was running right for us!

Or rather, Thomas, who currently held my phone.

"Shit. That's her. I gotta go. Can I catch a ride with you?" the dude asks me.

"What? Give me my phone back!" I yell, my hand lunging out. I had to get out of here.

"No!" he jumps back, looking at the phone then at me. "I mean, I need to get away from her. Looks like you do too. I'll give it to you if you give me a ride."

"Thomas, don't go with him!" we hear Rylie screech, coming in fast.

She recognizes me.

"Fine, get in!" I yell, and Thomas books it into the passenger seat. His door isn't even shut but I've already started the car and put it into reverse. Rylie is yards away and her face is contorted into shock and anger and she keeps screaming Thomas.

"Did you offend her or something?" I ask my passenger.

"What? God, no. It's even worse," he replies, burying his face in his hands. "I feel awful right now." He looks awful. I wonder what happened with him and Rylie. How did he even know her?

"Welcome to the club, bro. Where do you want me to drop you off?"

"By the highway. I have a friend that'll pick me up. How do you know Rylie?" he asks me. "Ex-boyfriend or something?"

"What? God no," I reply. "Would you date a girl like her?"

"Well -"

"Sure, on the outside, she's all cute and bubbly, but her personality's whack, dude. She's crazy. It's good that you got away from her while you did." I shudder.

"I saw she had guns and fake IDs and stuff. Is she a terrorist or something?"

I laugh. Terrorist. "She's not a terrorist, dude. But she's bad."

"What do you mean?"

I run a hand through my hair as we pull up to a red light. "It's a long story, man. Do you really want to hear it?"

"I think I deserve to."

"Fine. We better be parked for this." I pull us up into a busy Walmart and park, before turning and facing my passenger.

"So it all starts off with a girl named Robin Wayne..."

[author's note :D]

Ahhh! What even happened here?

So I was thinking about times and stuff, since this story doesn't start off with 12:21 or blah each chapter. At this point in the story it should be around noon-ish? Because the program started at 8 AM and Rylie hung out with Thomas in the city for a few hours as well.

fkwhoiwhfkdslhfwieonvkdfdwoi

Sometimes if I hit too many keys my laptop makes a loud sound. When I'm wearing headphones it scares the crap out of me. XD Let's do it again, shall we?

dslthwoiehoiwhfoiwehfoiewewewtihewriorh3wlo

Ha! Did it! Did you hear it? Probably not. Lol.

Okay that was really random. Bye and thanks for reading :)

- DC