18 | Damien

"You get back here, you little shit!"

I'm running fast, not looking behind me. If I remember one thing, it's to never look back. Just look straight ahead. I'll be much more happier that way. I keep running, listening to the shouts behind me. I know they're coming faster than I can run, but it's still worth it if I try.

"No! Let me go!" I scream as someone's arm wrenches around me.

"You better get back and apologize to your mother, you little brat!" an angry voice hisses into my ear.

"No! She got what she deserved!" I reply, writhing around.

A loud crack echoes through the air. I feel the burning pain on my cheek and I know that he's just slapped me.

"Don't you dare say that, Damien Isadore," he tells me. "Don't you ever say that again. Do you hear me?" his hand hovers in the air, ready to hit me again.

"Y-yes," I whisper, feeling a warm tear trickle down my throbbing cheek.

"That's right. Now go apologize to her right now."

I slowly walk away, toward home.

"Damien," a voice says. I slowly open my eyes and see a familiar pair looking back at me. It's Robin Wayne, and she's wearing my hoodie. I like the way it looks on her, it goes well with her skin color and it bunches up her hair so she has to constantly fix it.

"I fell asleep, didn't I?" I ask, sitting up.

"You didn't wish to sleep out here tonight, did you?" she asks me, smiling jokingly.

"I told you, if you told me what you wished for I'd tell you what I wished for," I reply. "It's that simple, Survivor."

She rolls her eyes. "I won't tell you. I'll just wait until it happens."

"You sure about that?" I raise an eyebrow suggestively. I laugh at the blush creeping across her cheeks. "You're so cute."

"Um, anyway, we should go in," she says. I stand up and help pull her up, our fingers intertwining together. We slowly begin to walk back inside, our hands still together.

"Were you dreaming?" she asks me.

"Why do you ask?"

"You were... I dunno. You were saying something."

"Huh. You sure that wasn't you?" I reply and she just rolls her eyes. "No. I don't dream much."

"Really?"

"Yeah. So, I wonder what we're doing tomorrow." I hold open the door for her and she steps in.

"Probably some more white board activities and getting to know each other. More cookies, too."

"I like your mom's cookies."

"You must be the only one," she jokes and grins. I wish I could take a picture of her smile, I like how her whole face lights up as if there wasn't any darkness there in the first place.

We wordlessly walk down the hall. Ahead of us, I see Erika and Maurice heading back into the bedroom where Robin is staying. Maurice looks over at us and her gaze drops to our hands. A foul look crosses over her face and she slams the door behind her. Queb peeks his head out from the bathroom, a toothbrush in his mouth, sees us and waves.

"Did you ask him where Saul is?" I ask Robin while Queb spits out his toothpaste.

"No, I didn't want to rush things. But he seems different," she replies.