It All Goes

* I do not own any Marvel characters or any Marvel dialogue, all rights go to their rightful owners. I only own Ava Wilson and her own original dialogue*

-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•

"This man declined the Nobel Peace Prize. He said, peace wasn't an achievement, it was a responsibility." Fury quotes Alexander Pierce. "See, it's stuff like this that gives me trust issues."

Fury throws the picture of Pierce he had been glaring at down directing his attention to us.

"We have to stop the launch." Natasha speaks. Fury scoffs.

"I don't think the council is accepting my calls anymore." He states. He reaches to the middle of the table pulling a briefcase to himself.

He takes a deep breath before opening it.

"What's that?" Sam wonders staring at the same thing we're all looking at. Inside the briefcase are three chips that look way more advance than any technology I've ever seen.

"Once the Helicarriers reach three thousand feet, they'll triangulate with Insight satellites becoming fully weaponized." Maria cuts in. Looking towards Fury as he finishes for her.

"We need to breach those carriers and replace their targeting ladies with our own."

"On or two won't cut it. We need to link all three carriers for this to work, because if even one of those ships remains operational a whole lot of people are gonna die."

The severity of the issue sets in like a fog on all of us. We have a lot of lives in our hands right now. Thinking that the reaming good part of SHIELD is relying on us is a heavy thought.

"We have to assume everyone aboard is HYDRA. We need to get pass them, insert the server blades, and maybe, just maybe, we can salvage what's left..." I look at him wildly snapping my attention from him to Maria and then to Steve as he angrily cuts him off.

"We're not salvaging anything. We're not just taking down the carriers, Nick, we're taking down SHIELD." He states.

"SHIELD had nothing to do with it." Nick argues trying to save his organization from destruction.

"You gave me this mission, this is how it ends. SHIELD's been compromised, you've said so yourself. HYDRA was right under your nose and nobody noticed."

"Why do you think we're meeting in this cave!? I noticed!" Fury exclaims continuing to argue. I stand from my seat moving back to Sam not wanting to be in the middle of their disagreement.

"And how many paid the price before you did?" It was obvious on who Steve's referring to. Fury sighs answering him.

"Look I didn't know about Barnes."

"Even if you had, would you have told me? Or would you have compartmentalized that to? SHIELD, HYDRA, it all goes." Steve states in disbelief. He was angry that much anyone could tell. It was easy to see that Bucky had been and still is Steve's soft spot. That was his best friend.

"He's right." Maria cuts in. I catch her gaze as she nods. Fury directs his attention to Natasha and Sam and I.

"Don't look at us. We do what he does, just slower." Sam says throwing his hands up.

"Well... Looks like you're giving the orders now Captain."

Steve and I stood on the same bridge when he opened up about Bucky to me. He was still confused and angry.

"The only reason I stayed with SHIELD was because Peggy helped found it."

I nodded listening to him speak. "Peggy Carter, she's a legend. I'm sorry about how things between you two happened."

"It's alright," he assures. "I'm just angry that everything she put her heart into is going to end like this, and what they did to Bucky-"

He was too angry to continue. His hands were in his pockets clenching and un-clenching them.

"I understand Steve, but if Peggy helped make SHIELD in your honor, then obviously they'll know how to restart after this. Every time you got knocked down, you stood back up, that's what Peggy help start SHEILD on, and you can still save Bucky." I say. He nods lightly taking his hands out of his pockets and leaning against the railing of the bridge.

"Now I know why you work at the VA," He laughs."You know what to say to calm someone down, and really make them believe."

"Well my parents always told Sam and I to be the best at everything we do." I reply copying his stance. He stares off into space seeming to be caught in a memory. I look out at the trees hoping for some peace before we have to face HYDRA.

Steve glances back at me moving away from edge of the bridge. I turn so my back is facing the railings watching as Sam walks up to us.

"He's gonna be there, you know?"

"I know." He states simply. Sam looks over at me before continuing.

"Look, whoever he used to be, the guy he is now, I don't think that's the kind you save. He's the kind you stop."

I shake my head at Sam throwing him a heated glare. He shakes his head in disbelief at me.

"I don't know if I could do that." Steve says.

"Well, he might not give you a choice. He doesn't know you." Sam responds trying to get his thoughts through to Steve.

"He will," he shakes his head. "Gear up, it's time." He speaks beginning to walk away.

"You gonna wear that?" Sam asks interrupting Steve from leaving. Steve turns back walking backwards.

"No. If you're gonna fight a war, you gotta wear a uniform." Steve smirks walking out of hearing distance.

Sam turns to me in bewilderment. "What the hell does that mean?"

I laugh shaking my head walking past him back to the cave in hopes of finding a uniform also.

"You'll find out Sammy boy!" I throw over my shoulder.

"Stop calling me that!" He shouts walking after me. I laugh opening the match to the cave climbing in and down the ladder leaving it opens for Sam.

I hit the ground walking off to find Natasha. I round a few corners before finding her in a weapons room.

"I thought I'd find you here, hope you have an extra suit." I speak from door way gaining her attention. She smiles grabbing her last gun and losing it and turns to me.

"You're in luck Wilson, follow me." She says leading me down the corridor.

We come to a stop in front of a black door with a lock pin set up next to it. Natasha punches in the code and pushes open the door. I'm met with the sight of several different color suits and different styles.

I walk in further, inspecting each one before I come to a dark red suit much like Natasha. It's a loose leather like material with several gun holsters strapped to the thighs and back. And different pouches for knives. It has an up turned collar with a black ban wrapped around the collar, waist and wrists of the suit. I grab it turning back to Natasha.

"Show time."

-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•

Vote, Comment, and Share 💖