Chapter 12- Home

Mark's POV continuing

The whole car ride to my house was quiet, besides the small talk Bob and Wade tried to make but I just ignored them with the occasional nod or grunt.
I entered my house and Wade followed. Bob had some errand to run or something and would be back to pick up Wade shortly. I plummeted my whole body on to the couch earning an crunching sound.
"Damn springs." I mumbled. I saw out of the corner of my eye Wade sit on the other couch.
I sat there for what felt like an hour but only ended up being 5 minutes. Then I got to thinking. About Jack. About how I just left  him there. About his...scars.. I was so in disbelief that someone so perfect could do that to themselves. Then I remember I've dealt with this before. With Wade.. Or Bob. Crap. It was years ago... I don't mean to sound insensitive but I honest to god forgot which of my friends were hurting?
"Uhh Wade?" I said looking up at him still laying in the exact position I was in. I was still unsure if I should tell him... It's Jacks personal business and I'm sure he'd be mad if I tell his friends.. But I want to help him and I'm not exactly sure how.. I mean I could research it but..
"Yeah Mark?" Wade looked over at me I think he was happy I was finally talking again.
"I think- I mean I- I need advice or help or something..." I had no idea how I wanted to approach the question and I just stammered out a bunch of nonsense.
"Yeah Mark go for it" Wade cheered on.
"Well um ok. Uhh I don't really know HOW to approach it really.." I honestly didn't know how to talk about it.
"Just says what feels most comfortable Mark"
I looked down and took a huge breath
"Ok. When I got to see Jack I went to grab his hand and noticed that his arm was bandaged. Upon further inspection I found he had- he had scars going up and down his arm. Some of them looked years old and a few.." A huge sob escaped my lips. "A few looked recent." I started crying.
"Oh Mark." Wade said with sympathy as he walked over to comfort me. I sat up so he could sit where my feet once laid.
"I-I just don't know how to help him.. I didn't even know and I'm his best friend." I wailed out through sobs.
"Hey. Hey Mark. It's ok. None of this is your fault and you couldn't even have known. Your guys' friendship was mainly over the computer and people who do this normally tend to hide it any way and they're really good"
I sniffed calming down a little bit. I mean I guess that is true. I mean why would he of wanted me to see?
"Mark where is his suit case?" Wade asked. I looked up at him. I could only assume what he was going to do but I just played dumb.  I pointed into the hallway then stood up. I walked to his room and Wade followed. When I got in I sat on his bed next to his open suit case. Wade stood powerful at the side of the bed looking down at the mess. Not gonna lie he was kinda attractive. He started going through everything checking every pocket and every crease. When we found nothing we went across the hall to the bathroom and looked around. I sat on the tub, I would of been in the way I don't exactly know hiding places. We found nothing again. "Strange..." Wade said. We walked back into jacks room and sat on the bed.  Ok think brain. Where could Jack hide a small object. I started looking around until my eyes fell upon a white speck hidden by the skirt of the nightstand. I wouldn't of been able to see it unless I was sitting right here. What is that. I knelt down and grabbed it. It was cold so it was metal. When I pulled it up towards my face it looked very familiar. When I flipped it it read Altoids.
"But Jack can't eat Altoi-" When I went to hand it to Wade there was a very audible clink. From one piece of metal hitting another. I didn't want to see it if it was true. It would make everything even more real.
Wade took the container as I stayed in my knees looking up at him. He opened it and I saw his expression droop. He looked at me and nodded his face full of sorrow. Wade removed the old rusty razor and I looked at it. I went from sorrow to upset. I don't know if I was upset at Jack or myself or the world. But I was upset. I took the razor out of Wades hand and stomped outside. I threw it over the fence so it would never be seen again.  I stayed there for a little bit until Wade came out. He put his arm around my shoulder.
"You okay?" He asked me looking down at me. Tears began to prick but I wouldn't let myself cry. Not again.  I nodded.
"Bob's back and I have to go but I want to make sure you get back inside so come in with me ok?" I nodded again. I turned around but instead of walking inside I was embraced. Wade is hugging me? I mean I feel better? I returned the hug and we walked inside.
I watched Bobs car leave the drive way and then I was alone. I was still pretty tired so I checked the clock. 7:54 pm. "Wow what an eventful day" I mumbled taking off ALL my clothes and climbing into bed.
______________________
Thanks for the read ^.^ DEFINITELY vote if you want an update they make me feel better even though I already get a ton of comments :))) -X