Chapter ten

---Kat’s POV---

Austin whisked me into the building and the campus officers tired to clear out the front circle. Austin kept walking with me until we reached the emptied commons areas; that’s where I lost it.

“How… how…” I asked over and over as I cried on Austin’s shoulder. He lifted me up onto his lap and rocked me back and forth while whispering to me that everything was going to be fine.

“Kat, how come you never told me?” he asked looking in my red eyes.

“I… I just couldn’t relive everything.” I whispered to him.

“Okay.” He whispered and tucked me back under his chin when we heard footsteps coming.

“Katrina…” It was Richard’s voice; which is the only reason I turned around and went to him. I started bawling… all over again.

“I got this Austin, you can go back to class.” Richard said a little possessively.

“No, I think I’ll stay with her until she’s ready for me to go.” He fought back.

“Ricky, be nice.” I mumbled.

“Fine, just because she said so.” I could hear him smirk. “Katrina I’m so sorry.” He whispered down to me.

“I wanna go home.” I said and felt him nod.

“Of course.” Richard said and I heard Austin following us.

“Austin, go to class.” I said turning to face him. “You can’t skip another day or you’ll fail.” I said trying to sound strong.

“Psh, like they’ll fail me.” He rolled his eyes and I just raised mine. “Fine.” He grumbled before kissing me quickly.

“Ew, PDA.” Richard teased.

“Text you later. And yes, we’re dropping by your place later. No discussing it.” He said as he turned away. I looked outside to see it was raining.

“Sorry girl only brought the bike.” Ricky apologized. I shoved my books in my locker and turned to face him.

“My make-up already looks like crap. Let’s go, and let’s go fast.” I said walking outside in the rain. Rain is always so peaceful to me. Back home in Louisiana it was just another day when it rained; always expected and welcome to cool off our hot summers, but in Gotham it was cold and creepy. But rain is rain and so it calmed me down and I’d just thing of my dad taking me out in the front yard to play catch or football. It was just something we did; act like idiots and then get sick.

I grabbed onto Richard’s waist as we sped through the streets and headed to Wayne manor, the only place that would be reporter free.

When we finally got there I was shivering and coughing.

“What have I told you about riding that blasted thing in the rain?” Alfred scolded as he handed Richard and I a towel and hot chocolate. I was slowly walking up the stairs when Alfred said something that was rather frightening.

“Katrina, you English teacher called and said you had some project due and she wanted it done for tomorrow.”

“Oh my gosh!” I whispered. “Thank you Alfred!” I yelled as I ran up the stairs and woke up my Mac. The last page I visited was Google and the answer to the riddle was up and was as plain as day: Tomorrow.

“Shit, shit, shit.” I muttered as I exited it out, did a sweep of my room and then ran into my closet and locked the door. I had a really bad feeling that someone was going to pop out of nowhere and no one could get into a closed closet right? Of course stupid me forgot to turn on the light when I ran in and so I tripped and fell on a pair of jeans I had thrown in the other day. It got really freaky when a pair of hands caught me and there was laughter. Two more hands covered my mouth before I could scream. Apparently I was wrong, people can appear in closed closets.