chapter 30

I woke up in complete bliss… save for the fact that the medical ward was completely empty and the doors were open… again. I sighed and grabbed my gun. I swung my legs over the bed and heard something small hit the floor. I looked down to see the ring that Hush had given me and slipped it on so I wouldn’t lose it. I tested my luck and tried to stand up on my own. I wobbled just the slightest bit before grabbing the table by me. John had unhooked me from all the machines last night as I was falling asleep. I tried walking and fell, noticing what I was wearing. I could tell that I was back in my black shorts and white cut-off because I felt the cold stone on my stomach.

“Someone having trouble there?” I heard a voice hiss at me. I looked up glaring at the man who was here last night. I think they called him Zsasz.

“What do you want?” I hissed at him, making him take a step back for a moment.

“I simply want to cure you.” He smiled down at me. “But I was told I could only diagnose you right now.”

“What? Who sent you?”

“Well Hush did of course!” He grinned down at me, showing all of his teeth. “He said that you’ll be checking in soon and I should be ready.”

“You can tell Hush to shove it.” I growled and pulled out my gun. “Now get out.” The man smiled and backed out with his hands up.

“You, my dear, have been cursed the worse of us all.” He smiled as he walked out the doors.

I sucked in a deep breath and put my head against the cold stone. Why couldn’t it have been a pizza guy hitting on me? I sighed and tried to stand up. I grabbed my cane and made it a staff, keeping the electricity off. I tried my best to use it as a crutch as I walked towards the big main building where we all lived. It started storming as I was finishing the last three yards to the front doors. That’s when I saw the guns aiming at me and Harley’s pets were approaching.

“Down boys.” I smiled at them and waved at a camera out front. The hyenas were still walking towards me and the guns started to let out a high-pitched whining sound.

“Alright guys, open up.” I said still smiling. That’s when the thunder clapped and the lightning struck. “If I get shot, mauled, or electrocuted I will find a dead, wet cat and beat all of you with it. Do you hear me?”

The front doors opened and the guns went away. I smiled to myself and limped inside to see Harley and the girls sitting at the camera screen.

“A dead. Wet. Cat?” Selina hissed.

“It’s an expression my sixth grade teacher used.” I shrugged and smiled.

“What are you doing limping around? John will absolutely kill you.” Ivy frowned forcing me on her couch.

“No, Zsasz will kill me, but apparently not yet.” I said more to myself than anything else.

“ZSASZ WAS HERE!” Harley Quinn was yelling at the top of her lungs.

“SHHHHHH!” The girls and I were forcing her into silence when Joker burst out of his room, green hair a mess and eyes wide.