chapter 29

I kept my face completely straight while they limped and crawled towards me.

“Katrina… What the hell?” I heard a voice hiss. I cocked my gun and pointed it at the person’s head. It was the figure I had shot in the shoulder.

“Who are you?” I made my voice creepy and low, just like I had when the girls unveiled me a few nights ago.

“Whom do you think?” the second one called out. This person was on their knees for the time being; trying to work their way over to me.

“It doesn’t matter who I think you are. You just don’t want me to think of you as dead.” I hissed. The lights flickered on and I saw Riddler and Two Face staring at me with wide eyes. I had gotten Riddler in the foot and Harvey in the left shoulder… so technically I got Two Face.

“What the hell is wrong with you?” Two Face growled at me.

“We’ll just call it even.” I shrugged and kept my face emotionless as I searched the wide space one more time. “Are you the only two coming in?” I asked coldly.

“Yes. What’s got you so on edge?” Edward asked me.

“Katrina!” I heard John yell as he ran through the door completely soaking wet. “I heard gun shots.” He panted and then looked around. “What the hell did they do?”

“Walked in the door.” I sighed lowering my gun and leaning back against my pillows.

“I’ll keep that in mind the next time I want to come visit you.” Ed looked at me warily. “But that’s not all. What happened and where did you get a gun?”

“The girls gave it to me.” I murmured and closed my eyes. I could hear Jonathan walking over to the machines and checking all the papers and readings.

“Katrina, it’s official.” He smiled. “You’re almost completely healed. Stay in that bed till tomorrow afternoon and you should be perfect.” He smiled down at me.

“Wait, but she just broke it today.” Harvey said scratching his head.

“Yes, well, the over dose of toxin had bonded with her blood and it’s somehow healing her at an incredibly fast pace.” John looked over at Harvey and Eddie before looking back down at the papers. “Only problem is, her nightmares are way more vivid and scaring than any normal person’s and the things she fears are ten million times worse for her.” He frowned.

“You’ve mutated my girlfriend?” Edward glared at him.

“Hey, she heals incredibly fast and cannot fear anything new. What she was scared of when she was gassed is what she will fear for life. Nothing new.” He glared back.

“It’s okay.” I said grabbing Ed’s hand and smiling at him. “It’s not as bad as it sounds.”

“That’s why you haven’t been sleeping.” He said glaring at me before I raised my eyebrows at him. His face softened the slightest bit and when he tried to walk forward he fell onto my bed.

“Sorry about that boys.” I apologized. “I thought you were one of the creepy people.” I whispered.

“What?” Ed sat straight up. “What happened?”

“Katrina had a couple of visitors tonight.” John hissed in his Scarecrow voice sending shivers up my spine.

“Who was here?” Harvey growled.

“I don’t know who they were.” I whispered as I looked down at the ring in my left hand. Upon closer inspection I saw that there were in fact clovers etched in. On the inside it had a little message.