Chapter twenty

“Was that really necessary?” Edward growled at Harvey and I could feel him shrug.

“Kid was causing problem and I didn’t know what the girl was going to do.”

“You didn’t flip.” I breathed and neither of them heard me. I looked back at Harvey to see him smirking at his work.

“Harvey,” Edward put his head in his hand and sighed. “We’ve discussed this. We’re not here to kill unnecessarily tonight.”

“Get over yourselves and lets finish this up before the Bat gets here.” Ivy said in her naturally aggravated tone. She seemed on edge and about to snap anytime soon.

“Hello? Is this thing on?” the speakers popped to life. We all looked to the stage to see none other than Bruce Wayne and Richard Grayson.

“Well look at who we have here!” Harvey spat.

“Evening.” He said into the microphone.

“Evening.” Riddler smiled and it looked like there was a new light in his eyes.

“What is it that you want?” he said looking at Harvey and I nervously.

“We want our storm.” Harley giggled.

“We want our pet.” Selina purred.

“We want Katrina.” Ivy smirked.

“Yes, we promise not to harm her or any of you, if you let us go right now. No calling Battsy or Bird boy.” Joker laughed hysterically.

“And no coming after her.” Riddler smiled. “Because, well… you really don’t want to know.” He smiled causing Harley and Joker to laugh harder and Harvey’s grip got tighter.

“Ow.” I hissed back at him.

“Sorry.” He laughed and grabbed my left shoulder hard.

“You’re going to be.” I angled my stiletto boot where the sun doesn’t shine and he fell. I straightened my hat and kicked his gun a good five feet away. None of the psychopaths noticed so Edward was completely caught off guard when the brass of my cane tapped his shoulder.

“Why?” he asked when he finally looked at Harvey.

“Shoulder.” I sat. I was instantly grabbed again. Only this time it was by a guy with a bag over his head with a sown on mouth and eye holes.

“Evening Katrina.” A deep scratchy voice said. “How were your dreams?”

“You son of a-“ I heard Richard say as I was gassed. Scarecrow released me and I was on my knees coughing.

“Jonathan,” I heard Riddler growl.

“Come on boys.” Selina purred. Someone picked me up as I did my best to keep my eyes closed. I could still see things in the dark though. I saw men in black covered in weapons and blood. I saw Wayne manor burn to the ground and I saw me with the Riddler. I saw Chris and Jake murdered. I just kept seeing everything in the world that scared me.

“Rock-a-bye baby on the tree top.”

Since when did it make me hear things too? The nursery rhyme that normally soothed small children in the middle of the night was scaring the crap out of me.

“When the wind blows the cradle will rock.”

The voice was coming from outside my head; small relief. It sounded more and more like Jonathan’s but I wasn’t going to think much more on it because I could see his face. I was staring straight into the eyes of the man from last night.

“And down baby will fall, cradle and all.”

I couldn’t help but scream; the eyes turned red and he got closer to me.

“Johnny! Stop scaring her!” I could hear a distorted Harley yell. We were in something that was moving faster than any human could.

“I’m simply trying to soothe the poor dear.” He said smoothly. The face in my head forced me to open my eyes and everything was in negative. It was all white and glowy. Every time some one looked at me it looked as if they were about to steal my soul.

“Katrina. Shhhh. Everything’s going to be alright.” I could hear Edward say. I looked straight up to see that he was the one who was holding me. I just closed my eyes and cried silently.

“Make it stop.” I whispered.

And that was when I was knocked unconscious.

Sorry this one was shorter than normal guys! been having a block on how to get to the next major check point, but it's coming along! what do you think of the cover?--SNE