Chapter nineteen

No sooner had we walked through the doors had we all been swarmed by people from our school. Funny part was, none of them would dare even look at us at school for fear of their social standing to drop. Now, we were the popular kids everyone wanted to be friends with. It could have something to do with the fact that everyone finally made the connection to who my guardian was and I was technically loaded. The other reason was because the boys and I were drop dead gorgeous tonight. I had a feeling it was the second reason.

“Katrina! You look fantastic!”

“Jake! How’d you get your face like that?”

“Chris! Come dance with us.”

The calls went on and on. We simply walked/strutted our way over there. I was definitely taking advantage of my cane. We ended up on the other side of the Wayne Industries building where the party was being held. The snack table was completely empty and that’s where we made our way too. When we reached the punch bowl we started laughing.

“Oh… my… gosh…” I got out every other laugh.

“I cannot believe them!” Chris exclaimed smiling.

“They’re just trying to hang with us cool kids.” Jake smiled as us. I just kept laughing at it all.

“I cannot believe those two girls who were coming on to you two!” I laughed louder.

“I know! How insulting.” Jake mocked his anger. This just caused Chris and I to laugh harder. I was leaning on him and my cane just to keep myself upright.

“Stop!” I laughed trying to catch my breath. “Stop! It hurts!” I continued making THEM laugh harder. All three of us eventually landed on the floor rolling in our laughter. Once we started we didn’t stop.

“Hello Katrina. Boys.” I heard a female say crisply. I had to wipe the tears out of my eyes to see Crystal standing above us. I smiled stupidly up at her. She was wearing a black leotard and tall-heeled boots with a whip and black cat ears.

“Hello Selina.” I smiled up at her and I saw the boys smirk.

“I don’t know who you are sadly. Bipolar?” she smirked at me.

“Oh my gosh!” I squealed excitedly. I was not going to let her get me. “Boys! I think I’ve made a new villain! She’s a mash up of all of them! Almost like a copy-cat!”

“Brilliant!” Jake smiled while Chris clapped excitedly. We all worked our way to standing; I put both my hands on the top of my cane and leaned down to Crystal’s height.

“Now, what do you want?” I hissed while keeping a smirk on my face.

“Oh nothing.” She smirked back at me. Just wanted to come by and say hi before finding… Oh! Austin honey! Look who I found!” she called out in a little preppy voice which made me choke. Sure enough Austin walked over looking drop dead amazing. He was dressed up as the Batman, but without the cowl. His hair was all messy and it was just unfair to me at the moment.