Chapter eighteen

---Alf’s POV---

I walked into the library to see exactly what I expected; Masters Bruce and Richard coming out the Batcave.

“Evening Alfred.” Bruce said as he fixed his normal clothing.

“Morning sir. It’s four A.M.” I smiled as I corrected him. He lost track of time so easily nowadays. Batman was hurting Bruce Wayne more than he could possible understand. He never slept and was always physically hurt.

“Sorry Alfred. We didn’t mean to stay out so late.” Richard smiled at me.

“It’s quite alright.” I smiled at them as they started to walk out. “Um, sirs.” They turned around to look at me and I approached them. “I know it’s not really any of my business, but you are going to tell Katrina about your double lives correct?”

They stayed silent for a while before Bruce answered. “We can’t Alfred; especially with the current events. It’d put her at too much risk and they would definitely use her against us.”

“So it’s a self preservation thing?” I asked catching Bruce totally off guard.

“Alfred, how could you say something like that?” Bruce asked incredulously and I shrugged.

“Sir, you said you wanted to keep her safe and be in her life. If there’s one thing that Katrina hates more than lies it’s secrets.” I said walking past them.

“Alfred what’s wrong?” Richard asked me.

“Well, your goddaughter is probably sick because she was stuck outside asleep for three hours and I just had to drug her because of your loud entrance.”

“You drugged her?” the both asked surprised.

“Slipped it in her coco. You didn’t want her to see you two walk through a wall did you?” They stayed silent and I walked off.  There has always been a secret in this house, but I knew that if they didn’t come clean with Katrina they’d regret it later.

---Katrina’s POV---

 I had woken up around two in the afternoon, so I definitely missed school. In fact, the way I woke up was because of Chris and Jake. They were pounding on the door and my head was pounding with it. Alfred was obviously busy and so I grumbled and opened the door yelling at whoever it was to f off before I noticed who it was. They tackled me to the ground and were wearing ridiculously accurate costumes of Jervis, aka the Mad Hatter, and Harvey Dent.

“What the hell?” I asked them. “Why are you two dressed like that?”

“It’s Halloween!” The both screamed like little girls. “HAPPY BIRTHDAY!” they yelled as they tackled me again.

“Ah! Head ache!” I yelled putting my hands on my ears causing them to laugh louder.

“Come on! We have to get you ultra sexy for your ball tonight!” Chris squealed like a little girl standing me up right.